Register now to get rid of these ads!

Getting my feet wet

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 41StreetRat, Nov 29, 2015.

1. 41StreetRat

41StreetRat

Hello everyone! I recently had a 1941 Chevrolet two door sedan given to me by a friend who is moving out of state early next year and didn't want to move her project. I was more than happy to take it off her hands. Now I just need to consort with legitimate car building aficionados to ensure I get viable information and additional guidance as needed. Found this forum while digging for info on my new "toy" and had H.A.M.B. validated by the local parts house manager when I asked him about online information sources for building a custom '41 Deluxe. As of now, despite having talked over the phone with some of my "car guy" buddies discussing different build ideas, I am still undecided as to which direction I will go with her. First things first, I need to figure out the exact model of the car. Previous owner said it is a Townhouse Deluxe but my research thus far has lead me to believe that there is no such thing as a 1941 Townhouse Deluxe and that she most likely meant Town Sedan as the car is a two door sedan. I have had the car for five days and have not yet looked at, or for, the identification tags. Car is complete to my understanding except for the 216 engine block. Most parts, however, are in boxes and plastic totes since the disassembly had been started by my friend. My personal automotive mechanicing experience is limited to replacing timing gears on a Ford I6 300 motor, replacing parts like alternators and water pumps, cv axles, and lower control arms. I spent some time working as a service advisor in a Ford shop too so I'm not a total dunce. Haha. Regardless of my lack of build experience, I am pretty excited to have had this project literally fall in my lap and I look forward to picking some brains and learning from those of you with experience.

2. 41StreetRat likes this.
  3. 41StreetRat

41StreetRat

Thank you for sharing the link. I'm guessing it's a Special Deluxe and I'm pretty sure it is the Town Sedan variation. I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to get the numbers and cross reference them.