Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Has anybody installed the Autoloc 9848 flat window electric system?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '49 Ford Coupe, Oct 13, 2015.

1. I'm getting ready to install electric windows in my '49 Ford Coupe. I have looked at just about all the various vendor's data and reviews but I'm surprised that I have been unable to find any "aftermarket" reviews/install videos/etc. of the Autoloc 9848 system. They use worm gear Bosch motors as many others do and the price on Amazon is significantly less than some of the "best" that some say... Soooo has anybody installed these and level of satisfaction?.. Thanks in advance.

2. oj

oj

I have installed them, its ok as long as you don't need advice from their tech. I didn't care for thier 'BMW' switches but in a shallow door panel you have few choices. I used Autoloc years ago and haven't had to go back and replace any of the motors etc so I assume they are still working. I think I used 3 of them.
    And I hate the Hoffman Group - just be sure the motors have Bosch written on them.

3. Ok, then... I think I'm getting the picture.... to take it to another level, then... how about recommendations for the "Better" or "Best" electric window operators?? Anybody with experience in installing them and living with your choices ?? Thanks again in advance.

https://49fordcoupe.smugmug.com/The-Doors/

4. I have installed them in my Divco, work perfect.
    Don't throw the baby with the bath water !

Most failures of there products, are due too bad fabrication install.
    These products are sold by many other vendors under various names.

They work fine as long you are a competent fabricator.

Links to window development.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  5. Thanks.... COOL ass truck... You have a "like" on your facebook, but I was on my g/f's computer.. and I could not find how to sign out of facebook.... did not see a video of it running, though.... hell, post it here if you have one....

6. video of window running, or the truck ?

7. That SBC of course. Saw the window working. Pretty slick...