Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New to the world

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29 ford guy, Oct 9, 2015.

1. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

New to the hot rod scene. I am the local highschool teacher and saw a 29 ford for sale. It was in boxes. Someone shipped it from the states to here and couldn't find the time to finish it. All the panels are straight and rust free. Most have been sand blasted or some thing done to them. So I started to put it together the plans is a 3 inch chop and a 350 with a 700r transmission. Right now I am trying to put the body together and see what I am missing. I have zero idea how to put the rear windows in it. I should mention it's a 29 coupe. I'll add pics of what I have I assume there's a pile of wood no idea how it goes together.

Attached Files:

2. Appears to be a '29 Sport Coupe. Hopefully it's all there. Where are you located? 29ford70741-2.jpg

3. Genes12320

Genes12320

Looks like a Sport Coupe like I am building. Lets see some more pictures of the parts pile.

4. Genes12320

Genes12320

I think I may see some rear windows in the pile.

5. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

If this car is that one I will be very annoyed. It has the rear windows. Where the rear windows are there are bolt holes. I am in northern b.c. title says model a special coupe. I actually thought it may also be that one till of course I found some rear windows.

6. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

I just have no idea how they bolt up.. the windows look like nail holes in the bottom tinny ones all along the bottom and obviously the other part goes to the door pillar. So I assume there's supposed to be wood above my body the windows nail to? Everyone else's looks like solid metal these holes are 100 percent not rust holes

7. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Well it looks like you have one. I personally like them. With the top done as it came from the factory they make nice looking hot rods , or make a coupster.

8. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

Only pics I have on my phone I'll get more showing above the deck lid and the windows up close

Attached Files:

9. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

Not sure exactly what a coups ter is. I kinda got the car dumped on me I said many times it wasn't for me. I'm more the 60s camero type or the 32. I would really like to try to make something cool with this car so far I have 975 dollars invested. I even have the original engine and it's rebuilt. Not that I'd ever use it

10. Dude, there's no way you went wrong on this deal if you don't even have a grand in it. Does it have a clear title? The running engine would fetch $ on Ford Barn.

11. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

If have to review the paper work. It isn't titled here because it is in peices they only title whole cars. It was shipped from middle of America I have the custom papers and all. It was shipped in boxes oddly. My main issue is this rear window fiasco

12. Are you talking about windows that look like this? autowp.ru_ford_model_a_business_coupe_3.jpg

13. badshifter

badshifter

image.jpeg
    You have a special coupe, like it or not. You can see the roof sections in the picture you posted. image.jpeg
    Here is one together.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  14. Paul

Paul
    Editor

If the special coupe isn't what you want sell it and get what you really want, and if it's a Camaro you might want to learn how to spell it first.

15. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Even I would want one of those that Badshifter posted!
    Good score!

16. liv4ths

liv4ths

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a couple pics of my '28 Special Coupe. Just to give you an idea of what you have!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

New pics

Attached Files:

18. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

Does anyone have pics on how the windows are attached?

19. liv4ths

liv4ths

I believe there is a rubber moulding that goes around the edge of the window and then the interior trim piece is nailed to the inner wood structure which holds the window in place.

[​IMG]

20. liv4ths

liv4ths

21. 35cab

35cab

"I kinda got the car dumped on me I said many times it wasn't for me."
    Wish someone would dump something like that on me, a good $975 investment, I think you have done well. If I was in the market, I would give you your money back in an instant. Even after paying shipping over here (Scotland) I would still think I got a good deal.
    Keep us posted.

22. 29 - Share with us what it is that you don't like about the car. Did the whole Camaro thing as a young guy. I'm over it. The pile of ''A'' parts you have is way cool in my book. Hope you warm up to it, a lot of HAMBers would love to have your start. Just look how fast you got help here.

23. I'll give you $ 976 for it?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. GTS225

GTS225

29 Ford Guy; I get the feeling that you're not looking for instructions on getting the windows back in, but you're seeking help on reattaching the roof panel that has the window opening in it. Am I correct?
    After you posting pics of the rear roof panels, it almost looks like somebody had taken the roof apart, and had cleco holes drilled for realignment and reattachment, or possibly modification.

Roger

25. liv4ths

liv4ths

I think you're right about what he's asking. But those holes were not from cleco's. On a special coupe the roof was made up of multiple pieces and those little holes along the edge ( I believe those the ones you are talking about GTS225) are there so that the window piece can be nailed to the wood structure. 29 ford guy, you will have to purchase a wood kit if you do not have one already in order to install the window pieces.

[​IMG]

You can see the nails used to secure the panels in this picture.

26. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Here's a couple of pictures of mine before to after. There is a bunch of wood back there that the metal sections are fastened to. I wish I took more pictures of that area. From what I read, Henry himself owned one of these as his personal car for a number of years. There are some of these out there, but you will likely be the only one on your block with one. Most people will wonder why you put a vinyl roof on it. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  27. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

I like the look of the coupe. I do need massive help on the roof section and wood structure. Do you guys install the wood floor and wood peices back in for a hot rod build? I'd love pics of the inside and insight on where to buy a quality wood kit. The dream is a 3 inch chop probably a Pete and Jakes frame. With a 350 and 700r Trans but right now I'm baffled on how the wood goes together it's stripped.

28. Genes12320

Genes12320

Lots of suppliers have the wood. My car is being channeled so I will build a steel floor. Are you planning on running fenders? I am not running fenders. I am using a Riley Automotive frame and he uses mostly Pete & Jakes parts, I think the body wood won't be too difficult.

29. 29 ford guy

29 ford guy

I have really no idea how it goes together there's not one peice of wood left in the car. It's a shame I have all the parts to put it back together but a hot rod is so much more my thing.