Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB slowing down?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by loudbang, Sep 3, 2013.

1. loudbang

loudbang

With no changes to my PC computer using windows 7 and firefox 23.0.1 recently when viewing the HAMB and click to see a new thread the page stops loading and get the message on the bottom near the task bar "waiting for www.HAMB.com"

Wait a few minutes and the page finally comes up. Go on surfing and no problems then it happens again several times during a session.

Too many people on the HAMB or something else going on?

Does NOT happen on other sites.

just happened again and my mistake the warning says "waiting for jalopyjournal.com"

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

I've been getting that too, always goes away after a bit.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

First I've heard of this. Server checks out healthy. I'll investigate.

4. I've had the problem also,,I logged out,deleted cookies,ran system mechanic and still experiencing the glitch,,happened twice this morning. HRP

5. Muttley

Muttley

This happens all the time for me and only on this site. I get a "504 error" message (I have no idea what that means) and the activity light on my modem ceases to blink. If I open another tab and another site it works fine and blinks like crazy. Sometimes the only way I can get something to open here is to "piggyback" another sites activity by opening their site with another tab. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this clearly or not. For the last year there have been quite a few strange things (only with the HAMB) on my PC. When I sign out some of the threads that have no new posts since my last session are still titled in bold.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

For those of you having problems (and only those of you having problems), can you go here:

http://whatismyip.com

Once done, please tell me what your IP is.

Thanks,

Ryan

7. loudbang

loudbang

Your IP Address is:

No Proxy Detected

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

it's intermittant, but it's been like that for me for a few days now bossman

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

PS... using my phone's browser (not the android app) it does not do it, even when my laptop is doing it

10. How come when I open my command prompt and do an IPCONFIG its different than the one on the whatismyip thing?

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Cuz that is your ISP's IP address...

I am working on late night performance fellas.

12. loudbang

loudbang

This problem is getting worse for me. Can't get through 8-9 threads then it starts refusing to load again. Comes back then 5-6 more down the road and it does it again.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We are working on things at the moment. Sorry about that.

14. Manuel

Manuel
    from La Puente

no reply but do have questions after I get on your site like every time you change it I have TROUBLE signing in then when I think I'm in I'm NOT and the I try to get to you I can't I don't even know if I'm getting to you and if this is not H.A.M.B I'm sorry can't find a way to contact them can you help [email protected]

15. Make sure you check the : stay logged in box. HRP