Register now to get rid of these ads!

SOLVED - Archiving/downloading PM's

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by XXL__, Aug 25, 2015.

1. XXL__

XXL__

The old board allowed me to download old PM's before deleting them. This was a great way to keep my inbox manageable while still having a 'history' I could store on my own computer. I have been unable to figure out how to do this on the new board, and so I believe the feature has been lost. All I see in my Conversations is the ability to "star"/mark as read/unmark as read, and so on. Not only does it look like I' can't download them (old board offered txt and csv options, IIRC), but it appears I can't even delete them to clean up the inbox.

??

Thanks in advance,

2. You can chose to leave the conversation (delete) by going to the conversation you wish to delete and go to the select box.

this was posted in on of Ryan's tutorials. HRP

[​IMG]

3. XXL__

XXL__

Thanks for the pointer, but that's pretty much the opposite of what I would like to do (and could do with the old board). By leaving the conversation, I lose all history of the conversation. I'm not trying to forget it... I'm trying to create a permanent record of it on my local machine... so I can refer to it 1-10-50 years from now. For the old board, it was simply a matter of marking the messages, then choosing the download pulldown, then selecting .txt format. Then I could keep or delete the ones in my account without actually losing the archive.

4. I was only addressing this part of your question. HRP

5. XXL__

XXL__

Of course. But since that wasn't what I was trying to accomplish (ARCHIVING/DOWNLOADING PM'S), perhaps I should have left it of so as not to distract.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Under the present setup we can't do that. BUT, I'll see if I can't code something in.

7. XXL__

XXL__

Thanks very much for looking into it.

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Don't say I never gave you anything. Check it out:

export.jpg

Give it a try...

lothiandon1940 and XXL__ like this.
  9. XXL__

XXL__

Works like a champ. Thanks very much!

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. How about that,It just goes to prove that Ryan is always trying to improve the Hamb. HRP