Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. pumpman

pumpman

Man, that's tighter then a ducks butt hole! Bet it is no stinkin fun changing plugs.

2. the only one that is tough is number 7, above the steering shaft, below the header, clutch rod in the mix. the rest are easy.

3. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

I seen the cab of a 36 or 37 Chevy pickup earlier in the thread and it had me wondering. Does that one have family history like the car? Those are my favorite old trucks. Car is looking really great.

4. thanks,
    that 37 cab is not the one my uncle Joe had.......i wish it was. he had converted it to four wheel drive around the same time they built the car. the truck was a 2 speed automatic and the story goes when he plowed snow he would never use the brakes. the tires did not have the best tread so he would time the "momentum/slip" at the end of the run with putting it in reverse. i was told the truck never stopped, it just "bounced" back off the snow bank............each time nocking the ash off the end of his cigar

5. MalloMike

MalloMike

But the Cat was wondering?? How many Boccuzzi's does it take to install a clutch?
    20150614_160533.jpg

6. T_Pop

T_Pop

I signed in

volvobrynk and kiwijeff like this.
  7. 2+1/2 and a cat:eek:
    [​IMG]

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  8. hey, dad!

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

When did they start making SBC powered computers? Bob

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  10. i was off the mainland, "on assignment", so nothing was done in the last week.
    slow start today but did get some stuff done; fuel pump block off plate on, water pump and thermostat/housing on. distributor in, and assorted plugs. i also put the fan on after cleaning it up.
    DSCF4143.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. finished installing the clutch linkage. i used a new bushing kit for a '57 chevy for the bell crank and i replaced the upper bolt with a shoulder bolt.
    i also made a new bracket for the return spring, the previous on was bolted to the steering box adjustment screw, and i considered it a "conflict of interest".
    i adjusted the clutch and tested it's operation.
    i filled the transmission fluid and installed the shifter. DSCF4144.JPG DSCF4145.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. i also started to fit and trim the generator bracket. i am thinking of changing it around a little........ DSCF4146.JPG

13. earlier this week i set the rear bumper behind the car and i did not get to bolt it on till tonight. DSCF4150.JPG

LOU WELLS, TFoch and volvobrynk like this.
  14. i put the cap on and ran the plug wires. i plan on running the wires behind the headers, like my dad had them. i am using this set of wires to plan out the lengths of the wires i will need. they are pretty close to the right length.......except one. when i change them they will be black. the plan is also to run the mallory dual point distributor. DSCF4148.JPG DSCF4147.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. pumpman

pumpman

Step by step, inch by inch, closer and closer.

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Gettin excited?:cool:

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. gas & guns

gas & guns

Good to see your dad there to watch the build. He must be enjoying this.

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I know I am, and it ain't even my car

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  19. I am waiting for my second ride in that Hot Rod!:cool:
    My first one was when you were not even born yet 54 years ago:eek:
    I just wish the rims were red:rolleyes:

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. 54 years of no red wheels ? Probably never had red pants to match. Lucky Chevy'.

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. it's moving along now!

hah, yessssss.

with his arm surgery, recovery he can watch everyday.

i am glad your enjoying it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  22. i cleaned and put a light coat of paint on the radiator yesterday. the tag shows when it was made and put it on. Mallomike helped when i first bought it and took the picture of me putting it in place and since he was at my shop fooling with his car he took the picture of me, 32 years later. DSCF4151.JPG Screen shot 2015-03-21 at 9.52.12 PM.png DSCF4156.JPG

tomkelly88 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. i found a chunk of ss bar, amongst all the piles of stuff, that was just long enough, to make a generator bracket tensioner. i only gave it a light polish, because when i put the two four barrel intake on i may have to "tweak" it. i will also add the rear support bracket then also. DSCF4154.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. i also cleaned up the exhaust. i had this made when i first got the car running. i had taken it to a local exhaust shop, and the guy let me help. i was 16 and i think he got a kick out of the fact i wanted it done a certain way. he let me drill the holes for the hangers and hold the exhaust up while he bolted it in. do you think that could happen now?
    a light coat of heat resistant paint DSCF4153.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. i also bought flex hoses so the engine compartment looks like it did when dad had it.
    the carb is in place, this is just to break the motor in and adjust the solid lifters, then i will switch it to the two fours. i thought this will be easier than trying a "new" carb set up along with usual adjustments, timing , lifters, warm up/break in etc...... DSCF4152.JPG

falcongeorge and volvobrynk like this.

26. Which picture is which??????;)

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

In the old photo he is actually able to lift it.

This may be the first HAMB thread in my three years here that I have seen go start to finish.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  28. pumpman

pumpman

Ya, but the head lights weren't on it so it was lighter.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

True, but that extinct mop weighed a few pounds.

tb33anda3rd likes this.