Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1954 Oldsmobile. Another Early 60's Custom Car Restoration

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Rikster

Rikster

This car has been the subject of a few posts here on the hamb. It has been for sale on ebay at least twice... Lat time t was sold I was contacted by the new owner and they let menow it would undergo a complete restoration to how it looked in the early 60's.
    The team at Marquis Auto Restorations did a fantastic job, and as far as I know everything was filmed and will be on a TV show in the US soon. (I will post more info as soon as I get it)

Photos how it looked in the early 60's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how it looked when it was for sale several times....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fully Restored car... (thanks to Fuzzy for the photos)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  2. Never seen that one before! And built for Joanne Dream? Are you kidding!!!!

3. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

I am glad to see it done right! I had also seen it a couple of times here and for sale.

4. One horny ute !

5. customcory

customcory

Not one body panel left untouched! Thats the way I like them. Cool car! Thanks again Rikster:D

6. sololobo

sololobo

Rickster, you continue to be the man!! Your historic info. has been a source of great delite for all the custom fanatics on here. Thanks again for your willingness to provide such great stuff!!~Sololobo~

7. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Hey thats great. Looks like a bit of work went into getting that thing back into shape.

8. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

great to see that one restored,,i remember seing it for sale also,,and from time to time, i had wondered whatever became of it,,,i never noticed the exhaust ports behind the "cab" on the unrestored picture,,,,those guys did an excellent job on her,,,,,,,,the color is pretty neat too

9. Talked with Ken from Marquis Restorations at the Chicago World of Wheels show last weekend. What an outstanding job they did on this custom. I believe Ken stated that the car took about 6 months to complete and they were still putting the bumpers on as they were getting ready to load the trailer for the trip to Chicago. Hats off to Ken and the crew for a job well done.

10. I snapped a pic of it too:

[​IMG]

11. Wow, that is killer. I don't think I have ever seen that one before. Thanks for the pics. I would have loved to have been alive back in those days! I was born too late for my taste.

12. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

13. Squablow

Squablow

Cool, I had seen the unrestored for sale pictures of this car and wondered what happened to it. I like this version better than the '56 Olds front bumper version. The pink color doesn't turn me on too much, but if you're going to do it, it needs to be done correctly. Very nice.

14. Really has a nice line with the roof like that.

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Amazing transformation, glad to see someone who appreciated it got it

16. THREE ROOMS DEEP

THREE ROOMS DEEP

My first post and this is my favorite car!!!!!!!
    I remeber seeing this car for sale i think it was on ebay and was like wow!!!
    What a restoration on it!!!

17. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Rik, thanks for sharing!

18. 55olds88

55olds88

cool to see it back together and so nice..... I remember seeing it advertised too, looks great.

19. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

I like that one alot, looks realy good restored.

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Too bad they couldn't find a set of Royal Masters. It looks like there were at least three of the originals and that they held up pretty good.

21. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

my neighbor Floyd is OBSESSED with Royal Masters.
    he has'em on a set of Chrysler wire wheels on his '56 Plymouth Fury.
    what would it take to get Coker to start making them? :confused:

22. I have a set of 890/820 x 15 Royal Masters if Coker wants to talk! I know the sizing reads oddly and I'd have to go down to the barn to verify that exactly but I'm pretty sure that is what it reads on the tire....

23. rodney woolnough

rodney woolnough
    from tasmania

stunning car stunning resto

24. Cool old thread. About a decade ago I had a neighbor (Tom Archer and his wife Joanne) on the next block who had a Model A he was building. He stopped into my sign shop frequently to talk cars. One day he mentioned that he had built an award-winning show car back in the '60's that had made it into a few magazines. He said it was a Olds that he had converted into a pickup. I didn't remember it at all. A few years later he passed away after a very short illness. A couple of years after that I was re-reading some "little books" and found several pics of his Olds. I finally got to see it at the Chicago World of Wheels (shown above in magenta). Glad to see it's still around.