Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods seats with straps for cusion?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, May 28, 2015.

1. So I'm making my own bomber seats, I was thinking about how the old cobras seats had a hole in the bottom with straps,then a pad on top of that.rather than just throwing a pad on my flat sheet metal seat,so what straps, where do I get them? How do i mount? Anyone done it?

2. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Most likely it was Pirelli webbing, most good upholstery suppliers should do it, it's attached via staples/w clips, you fold the end around the clip and staple it then the clip mounts in to the seat frame via a couple of 1/8" or 3/32" holes from memory you need to account for 10% stretch when cutting your lengths.

Uk link but you get the idea
    http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-332-pirelli-webbing.aspx

3. Got ya.I may use some of that bendy spring or the straps

4. big57daddy

big57daddy

Just weave them over and under, like the seats and backs on old time folding aluminum lawn chairs.
    Stretch them tight when you fasten them down - like KFC said, you'll need to allow for some stretching / sagging over time.

5. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I use the tie down straps like they use on semi trailers, come in several colors and available at truck shops.