Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical C4 yoke

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falconaz, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Falconaz

Falconaz
    from Arizona

Hello,

I'm in the midst of a dagenham to c4 swap on my 1964 falcon with a 170. I am having difficulty finding a yoke that will adapt the smaller 6cyl falcon driveshaft to the c4? Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Rob

2. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I looked at my regular vendors and came up with nothing. You might try finding an adapter universal joint instead.

3. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Yes, go to fordsix performance.com There are many people there who know about the small ford six there & have probably even done the swap your working on.

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Spicer make dual size universal joints to mate various combinations, if all else fails try them, they may have something that suits?

5. The automatic 64 falcon with C4 if like automatic 6 cylinder mustangs will have the large V8 style tailshaft yoke, if you can find a 7 1/4 diff with the bigger yoke and V8 size tailshaft you will be way better off than using the tiny 6 cylinder manual yoke. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429669791.412505.jpg
    Just swap the auto size diff yoke onto your diff and use a V8 tailshaft.
    How are you going with diff ratio? The manual 170 will be very low for any hi way use?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  6. Falconaz

Falconaz
    from Arizona

So even though its larger, I use a v8 yoke but my original driveshaft? Or am I way off? I have this... I got the newer yoke from a co-worker of a 80-90's mustang. Or do I need to find a v8 60's falcon yoke? Wouldn't the larger yoke throw off the balance?

Attached Files:

7. I think there is too much difference in size between the two yokes to make it work on your existing tailshaft.
    Will be very surprised if there is a conversion uni available to match the tailshaft to the new yoke.
    You need the weld yoke changed on your tailshaft or find a v8 tailshaft and new matching diff yoke.
    There are different spline length slip yokes available, the one in your picture looks identical to mine that was on a 66 Mustang with C4, 200 six.
    If you are ever wanting to put in a bigger engine, now is the time to upgrade the driveline.
    There are Maverick 8" diffs available with 4 stud axles and 9" brakes. You can reuse your existing brakes, wheels and gives a heap more future upgrade options available.
    The 7 1/4 diff you have has no new replacement parts available and completely forgotten about by parts suppliers.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015