Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 57 chevy specs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard_classics, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Hi I'm new to the forum and was curious whether anyone has any specs on a 57 chevy front spindle like the distance between the ball joint cups and diameters. I'm almost positive they won't work for a stock 57 olds 98 application but it's gonna be a custom setup and if it isn't completely out of range thanks ahead of time

2. oldolds

oldolds

Ain't gonna work.

3. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Go to the tri-five forum, those guys know everything. You could ask what the guy installing the heaters had for lunch on dec.12 1956 and they would know.

Strittan and belair like this.
  4. Thanks for the info guys

5. And I'll try tri five I just need measurements

6. Which plant?

7. I pulled out one of my spindles and measured the following.

The distance across the ball joint mounts is 10.540.
    The distance between the ball joint mounts is 8.930
    The upper ball joint hole is 0.525-0.620
    The lower ball joint hole is 0.585-0.685

8. pdq67

pdq67

I don't know if you can even find one this old or not, but "Hollander Interchange Manuals" may tell you what might help you??

Our big Public Library up town used to have them out in the stacks, but it's been a long time..

pdq67

9. Thanks I'll look at mine tomorrow! Now I don't have the ability to check out a 57 chevy this up close let alone make measurements but what's the difference in control arms that they won't work on the olds different mounting area different lengths? I'm air bagging and converting to disc brake and If I could use parts mote accessible them fabricate my original ones that would be alittle more convenient...I'm not afraid of custom work but if anything chevy works therrs always a more variety of ways and performance enhancers persay