Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Another 32 ford 5 window question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brady1929, Mar 5, 2015.

1. brady1929

brady1929

Hey all,
    I was looking at a picture of 1932 ford 5 window wood and noticed something I have never noticed before. And I would like to know more about it please. Is this a factory bracket in the picture below, specifically the bracket from the top of the rear window wood to the rear of the top wood assembly? I have never noticed this before. Any one know where I can get one? UAPAC maybe? Thanks
    bracket.jpg

2. Brady: I don't know the answer but it sure makes sense. Looks like it would be real easy to make.

3. GaryN

GaryN

Mine has an original metal bracket with a tack strip that goes from the top of the quarter window wood to the top of the back window wood. It matches the roof curve. I have no top wood so don't have the piece you're referring to but it looks easy enough to make.

4. clem

clem

No bracket there. Looks homemade as does the wood.

5. brady1929

brady1929

Btt, anyone else?

6. swifty

swifty

You've already got my pics Brady and sounds like mine is the same as GaryN's

7. brady1929

brady1929

Yes thanks Swifty. I just went back and looked at all 6 pics and it's not there. Do you have an original car?

8. swifty

swifty

In the first 2 pics that I sent you can see the bracket running from the top of the quarter window round to the rear window wood. Bit hard to see as the bracket is black and so is the inside of the body but you can see the ends where they mount on the wood.

9. swifty

swifty

You mean that the bracket in the pic you posted is not there? That's right, it's not so then it is not original.

10. Hard to find tack strip as stated above. My old kit used a wooden piece that went around to the quarter glass.

11. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Here are a couple pictures that may help you. One is showing the metal brace and the other the metal brace with tack strip applied.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

It's not on my car either.

13. brady1929

brady1929

Thanks guys. I feel much better knowing that I don't have to look for another part.

14. Tony

Tony

Yep, the only thing my car had was the tack strip bracket shown, not the one going from the rear window wood to roof.
    And prior to me touching it, it was original up there.

Tony