Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Flash! Hiboy32 looses mind..drives hotrod in below zero weather!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Feb 26, 2015.

1. So, I was just leaving menards after buying some furnace filters, waiting for the light to change when I hear a deep rumble behind me...getting louder and louder as the right-turn traffic files past my little HHR panel. I expect to see some kind of late model V/8 4X4 pickup as the weather is cloudy, windy and shows 9 degrees on my car's thermometer. Below zero with the wind chil. Suddenly the noise-maker is next to me.......it's Hiboy32 in his beater duece coupe! I know he works at the body shop just down the street but damn! He's got a long drive home and no glass except the windshield! He waves and makes his turn headed down for the interstate. Man, after dodging piles of dirty snow and patches of black ice, I jeffpatchinhambdrags06.jpg hope Jeff made it home ok..........what balls he has! driving his hotrod home from work in sub zero weather....holy crap! This is his car.

2. Man this made me laugh!

3. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Aint that why they're called ''HOT'' Rods,lol.

4. And in short sleeves as well!......True bad-ass.:D

5. ....and so is everybody else sitting in the bleachers

6. Nah...that photo is from a few years ago in the summer. [HAMB drags] ..didn't get a photo today in heavy traffic but believe me..........he looked cold! Drippy nose, watering eyes and red facial skin...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. I drove a 1939 Coupe every work day over two Winters- but did have windows and a p-poor heater-

8. David Chandler

David Chandler

It's about the same as running a snowmobile isn't it?

9. Sometimes you just gotta drive them regardless of the weather,,I like his style! HRP

10. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

Must be a "young" man, Way too harsh for the over 60's crowd...me thinks.

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I guess that's one way to drive your flathead powered hotrod with out it over heating!

12. No windows is awesome in Summer, but Winter sucks.
    I Gotter get me some side windows before our Winter.
    If it helps, its starting to cool down here, so Summers not far away for you guys.

13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

It's a good thing the name of that body shop isn't on the door. ;)

fourspeedwagon likes this.
  14. RoadBurner1

RoadBurner1
    from Nebraska

That's not a beater, thats a show car! He was heading to World of Wheels. Its Cheaper to enter your car in the show
    and bring your own cooler than it is to pay the door fee, parking fee and buy your beer at the show. :D

Malcolm likes this.
  15. He has balls for sure......It's DAM COLD here in the land of corn

16. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

it was a surprise seeing you there in traffic, Rocky. I only had time for a quick wave, I had to get a move on there was a car show in the making and I had to be apart of it! Like roadburner said, it is cheaper to enter a car and make a weekend of it than just to pay at the door. I dont know what is worse?... entering my beater show coupe every year? or them inviting me back every year? haha. Also I thought it was drive your hotrod to work day..

Malcolm and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Who knew Kevin Bacon drove a hot rod!?

This cold shit in Omaha is getting old this year. I drove my roadster down to the World of Wheels show yesterday, too. F**ing cold with no windshield!

Malcolm

19. I was driving my windshield only 39 last week but it was only a brisk 35 degrees. Don't think I'd've survived a 9 degree cruise. And I'm naturally "well insulated" shall we say.

20. Must have SNOWBALLS! :D HRP

21. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

And I thought I was tough driving my "late model" 70's Ford PU with no heater 20 miles each way to work this week during those subzero temps. I did have to keep the windows cracked to keep them from frosting over though.

I'm impressed the deuce started in this cold. Got a block heater for that flathead?

23. Ahhhhhhhhhh, you were headed for the car show, eh? Maybe next year I can actually drive my car and possibly enter it.
    Hope to see all you guys down there Saturday evening...Jimmy and I plan to take our wimmens down there to walk around and check it out.