Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical KR Wilson engine stand.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jalopy Banger, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Jalopy Banger

Jalopy Banger
    from Sweden

I wonder, if someone that has a KR Wilson engine stand with the base No 744 for Ford flathead engines could take several measurements of it, for me. I have the stand, without the base and they seem to be hard to find as the hens teeth.
    Therefore i plan to make my own base. Have tried the US patent gov without success.
    PM me if You have the possibility to help me with this.
    Tom

2. oj

oj

I'd like to see a picture of one if somebody can post it. I would expect it to be a substantial piece.

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

There is one for sale in the misc for sale on here maybe some help.

4. Jalopy Banger

Jalopy Banger
    from Sweden

Here is one from Bob Drakes site.

Attached Files:

5. Jalopy Banger

Jalopy Banger
    from Sweden

Thanks saltflats, i will check it out!

6. I'm in the same fix. Here are a couple I have for reference. Somewhere I have the length x width dimensions. If I can find them, I'll add them

$_3-28-1.JPG

$_3-32-1.JPG

$_3-27-1.JPG

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had one of those stands in the school shop were I taught in the 80's and didn't know what it actually was then. It only had the attachment to bolt up to the back end of a regular V8 though. It was so heavy the kids didn't like to use it even though it had a built in tool rack on the back side.

I'd probably build a base with U shaped framework with 4 wheels and put a piece of plate across it to bolt the stand to.

8. Jalopy Banger

Jalopy Banger
    from Sweden

HotrodA, thanks a lot!! That would be great!

9. Still looking! It could be scaled up from the base dimensions if I can't produce.

10. Gary in MN

Gary in MN

Hi Tom: I have a couple of the cast iron KRW engine stand bases. They are great, heavy and expensive. A few years back we bought a large piece of steel and cut with a track torch eight 30" x 30" squares. We used 5/8" steel plate, steel wheels with roller bearings and drill rod for axles welded a couple inches back from the corners. No casters to keep it simple, and it is very easy to turn because of the steel wheels even with an engine on the stand. I will try to load a picture soon. Gary in MN.

11. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

Jalopy banger, i have a mint 744 base with all the original hardware right here in Norway. you are welcome to a roadtrip over here and you can take all the photos, inprints, and dimentions you want.

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

JalopyBanger, since you have the upright part of the stand for reference, it seems to me you could get very close to the base dimensions from the photos posted. By measuring your post, the spacing of the mounting holes and the length and width of it's foot, perhaps you could measure the the photo's spacing of these key points and extrapolate the actual dimensions of the base.

Ray