Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Danny G

Danny G

The Hoosier rep says 11 psi is the ticket

2. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I made a little progress...I modified my dash insert to hold my tach since I no longer needed a fuel level gauge...saving a little weight too:eek:

Attached Files:

3. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I finished tacking up the headers...I still have to add about 5.5" in length and fully weld the tubes and collectors, but at least the hard part is done. I still need to trim the fender openings so I don't start the fiberglass on fire.

Attached Files:

4. Saxxon

Saxxon

Nice work Kip

II FUNNY likes this.
  5. Got the motor mounts made. Made them out of 1/8 4130 took a few try with cardboard before I got something I liked and can handle the power. I hate the way ford blocks are they made the bolt holes so far apart.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, AHotRod and 1 other person like this.
  6. Cut them out with a 4 1/2" grinder and smoothed them on the belt sander then welded th together

Attached Files:

Pufff, AHotRod and II FUNNY like this.
  7. Kip! Love this car, coming along great. I really like that grill insert! Is it plexyglass?

II FUNNY likes this.
  8. Wow that's some good looking welding there! Those Bandit guys have some skills.

II FUNNY likes this.
  9. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Thanks...and yeah its lexan.

Two years ago the whole club spent two weeks straight in the shop putting the car together to make the meltdown. Jeffery and my brother got stuck laying out and drilling the insert.lol

beebee78 likes this.
  10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Strokedstang you could have made a bracket that bolted to the block then make your mount to bolt to it then it would not have been so bat wing looking but it looks great.

11. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I don't have any real progress to post, but I did pick a name and color scheme for the Vicky...
    the "SHENANIGAN" cuz I have Mc blood on both sides and lace panel because it is too cool.

Attached Files:

12. Can't wait to test some colors on this one should be fun lots and lots of masking ahead of us huh kip :D

II FUNNY likes this.
  13. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's the second worst job ever....right after blocking.lol!

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Rob_A and II FUNNY like this.
  14. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I am terrible at most everything body shop related...glad I know some talent.;)

15. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Great thread guys , see you at the 2015 Meltdown Drags! I just need to figure out how to make some fiberglass parts and loose about 500 lbs LOL. Rollbar is going to put me over 3500 lbs. Bill

16. Come on Scott blocking isn't that bad I guess doing it for a living I get use to it we got a 70 challenger complete,48 ford street rod complete, and a 67 mustang fast back complete going at our shop rite now so I got a lot of blocking ahead of me lol

beebee78, 91whitestang and powrshftr like this.
  17. Bitchen name & colors Kip. You gotta get green windows and head lights now ?

18. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I see ya revised your post.lol...your getting soft, and yes different colors on the windows, grill and lights.

19. Yep, time for positive reinforcement. I'll save the smack talking for those who fire at me first. You know Shenanigan is one of my fav's anyways.

II FUNNY likes this.
  20. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Hey Ric or Quain...what should a ladder bar car have for pinion angle...I was always told that it should be set -2-3° from what the output shaft is.

21. I think ours is 3 or 4 degrees, I need to check to make sure.

II FUNNY likes this.
  22. I asked Quain this specific question and he told me 1 degree off from the crank center line so that when everything compresses at launch it will be zero. That's just what I recall him saying, I didn't write it down and have not gotten that far along yet to see how that will work.

II FUNNY likes this.
  23. Saxxon

Saxxon

I resemble this remark !
    The work you guys are doing is great. Makes me feel guilty about the neglected and all but abandoned junk in my sub zero garage and the shop.

91whitestang and II FUNNY like this.
  24. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

So that would be one degree negative from the output or crank centerline.

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Just showing how smart I am not but wont a ladder bar car rise the rear end on launch.

26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Here's a little info from Alston. Scan0015.jpg Scan0016.jpg Scan0017.jpg

27. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

What happened??? Haven't seen no progress lately, I'm also guilty off all week so gonna try and get some more done! Let's go Bandits!!!

28. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I've been trying to figure out how to make my plexi side windows go up and down....I think this will work good and will be way lighter than the stock regulators.

29. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I first made up the slider and the plate it mounts in...here you can see the counterbored part in the aluminum mount...that way the spring will hold it into place and keep the window up.

Attached Files:

saltflats and powrshftr like this.
  30. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I then had to slot the wood in the door and hook the plexi to the slider...