Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Larry & runningshine.
    The rear tires are only 600's and I plan on running 7.50's on it. These are just for mocking up reasons. The rear needs to go up some as Larry says and the front needs to go down a little. I will have the rear wheel so it fills up the fender well when it is done This will all happen as it goes together. Thanks for the input though.
    Pro-Mac you have it right...LIVING THE DREAM
    Thanks to everyone for liking it so far, and yes TIMWHIT that is a merc glove box knob.

Runnin shine and 3wLarry like this.
  2. K.L

K.L

Wow...Don't know what to say but congrats! I know you'll treat her well!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

couple more shots... IMG_0978.jpg IMG_0977.jpg

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

cool to hear you got it titled...we need more updates!

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  5. loudbang

loudbang

Nice and bright.

IMG_0978.jpg

32ford5 and volvobrynk like this.
  6. That's a nice hot rod!

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mmmmm..............three window..............mmmmmmm
    Nice!

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. Thanks to everyone with your comments.
    I am looking for a good safety latch system for the doors.....any ideas?
    Ya I like the ones Larry had in his, but dam they want a lot for them.

9. fonti

fonti

Maybe the ones used by the Bones?

10. phat rat

phat rat

In for a penny in for a pound. Don't start skimping on things now. Besides what would it cost to fix the damage if a door came open at speed? I think the cost of the latches would be minor then.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Yeah, Dennis.............you're pretty handy in the shop. Why not make some safety latches up yourself? Who knows? You may stumble on something that every else would want to buy! It's happened many times.

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Thanks for the lighting LOUDBANG

loudbang likes this.
  13. Subscribed......

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

15. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

sorry that was meant for 383 deuce

16. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

Just subscribed, great build and congrats on getting your dream car. Very excited for you, if all goes well for us both I may be cruisin to bville with y'all as well.

17. Got the door safety latches made and went with somewhat like what the bones boys use in there builds. Took the 3 window all apart and it is time to finish up the frame work. Hauled the frame down to my good friend Gary at Cornhuskers hot rod shop. So there will be some cool things coming along soon.
    Stay tuned for a up date.

18. Hi Dennis, have you got and engine/Trans combo picked out for it yet ???
    Cully

19. Cully, Yes, I am building a 327 double hump with a five speed. Hope to run 3 two's on the motor...somewhat 60's style build.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. 067chevy

067chevy

Looking good Denny!

21. figure8

figure8

Gary built a '32 chassis for me in '99. Great workmanship and I still have the car. Others had told me not to use ladder bars and a buggy spring in the back, but Gary said it would work fine and it sure does.

22. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Nothing wrong with buggy spring/ladder bars; been done for years.

23. Stopped by Cornhusker and seen Gary and he tells me he will be done with my frame by the end of the month and that is good news. But came back home to a busted water line on the wife's washing machine and 6 inches of water in my basement (finished basement) what a F^%@ing mess........So I won't be getting much done on the 3 window for a while.

24. Roadsir

Roadsir

Garys stuff is nice. I bought a black primered 32 pickup he built from a Nebraska several years ago. It had a great chassis under it......
    O/T Speaking of water...I've blown two plastic lines to my icemaker. Luckily caught it both times before major damage was done. The last time I went hardline, and braided steel with a built in pressure switch. I've got braided stainless on the washer and dryer. Our water heater just let go and of course drained every direction except toward the drain. I'm thinking the new washing machines hammer on the pipes, and we have a new water tower so our pressure might be higher. Might be time for pressure absorbers in the water lines. I hate houes maintenance, expecially when it cuts into hot rod plans!

25. loudbang

loudbang

Small problems LOL. I was on a road trip to Disney in Fla from CT. and got a call from my bud telling me of a disaster. It seems the hot water line for our house's heating system came unsoldered and the furnace had a continuous feed so for two days hot water was pumping continuously right into my walk in firearms arsenal in my house.

Lucky I had good neighbors and when they saw water and ice forming outside my ground floor door they knew something was wrong and called my bud. They broke in and saw the mess, the continuous hot water had "lifted" all the floor tiles in all the rooms on the ground floor.

He saved me a big fortune buy fixing the pipes AND sitting down and cleaning my over 100 firearms so they didn't rust. that is what a good friend will do for you.

Made the return trip in record time and never felt so helpless knowing there was a giant problem and I couldn't do anything about it.

And yes I did take the best care of that friend many times over for his help.

26. Roadsir & Loudbang, I know I am not the only one that has had this problem, but it sure does suck. I will replace my washer lines with SS lines. Got the basement all cleaned up and dry. Used 3 big ass dryers that I think could pull water out of the desert. Every thing that could be removed from the basement is out in my garage and we have been going through it saving some, pitching the rest.
    Sure miss not working on the hot rod......But the house comes first.

loudbang likes this.
  27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

ya gotta watch out for gary at cornhuskers...he'll slip a flatty in there while you're not lookin

:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. Larry.....NOW THAT IS FUNNY...I will tell Gary that one for sure.

3wLarry likes this.
  29. Been a while since I checked in,,man this car has come a long way,,,looks great! HRP

30. been lurking on this thread, looking good !