Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Looking for Someone who can Vat and Bore a Flathead in Orlando area.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by gasolinealleyrods, Dec 10, 2014.

1. gasolinealleyrods

gasolinealleyrods
    from Norman, OK

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are any flathead shops in the Orlando area.

2. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Any quality engine shop should be able to dip and bore a flatty. The problem you run into with flatheads is the valve work. Too many Chebbie orientated shops can't figure out how to mount the block on the old Bridgeport to cut new seats. Get on the horn and start making phone calls.

Good Luck

3. gasolinealleyrods

gasolinealleyrods
    from Norman, OK

Thanks Frozen. That's why I am trying to find someone who is familiar with flathead instead of the local shops. A lot of the shops have told me that they were going to boil the flathead instead of dip it... definitely not using them :p

4. louisb

louisb

Hope you find one. It is getting harder and harder to find anyone with knowledge of flathaeds as the older generations retire or pass on.

John Lawson from The Ford Barn recommended a shop to me in Albany Ga called Hi Tech Machine for my 8BA rebuild. But that is a bit longer drive for you. I will be interested to see what you come up with here in Florida.

Thanks,

--louis

5. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Try this guy Webers Auto Machine 407 324-0208