Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Now that the roadster is finished, it may be time to look for a 3 window. Maybe even one that's mostly complete. Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. Time for my nap & dream time.

2. 1410979742374.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Look for that 3 window, they are still out there. Look how many have shown up on this thread, all in unrestored condition - got to be many more in barns, garages and basements. We just got to find them.

Crashnburns - you have done a tremendous job with the build of your coupe. That, my friend, is a hot rod!

CRASHNBURNS likes this.
  4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Back in post #309 I showed some pics of an old race car body shell that was added to my collection of parts earlier this year. A couple of weeks ago I put together a chassis using parts that were available here, and put the body on, just to see what it would look like. As they say, it's the "next project", but one that will have to wait for some time before I begin on it. IMG_0636.JPG

ALCAN AV8 and ff1930 like this.
  5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Here is a pic of my white coupe race car body when it was first built - car was yellow then and raced on the tracks in the Pacific Northwest. I have most of the parts to return this coupe body to street condition - have a good pair of coupe doors, new rear quarters, a good stock floor, and all of the internal bracing parts that were removed by the race car builder. A project for down the road.... scan0001.jpeg

6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

A lot of old Ford coupe bodies from the 32 to 34 era were used to make race cars back in the day, as this old photo shows. Not sure where it is from, but likely there were many 33-34 Ford coupes in this race. Got to be a least some of these old race cars still around - I have managed to find two in my area alone - so get out there and start looking. Would be nice to put a few more back on the street, or they can be cool restored as race cars as well. jalopy4.jpg

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  7. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

heres a pic of one I was 038.jpg 036.jpg building cple years ago

8. Roadsir

Roadsir

That's a helluva race. Two years ago I passed on a 34 3 window dirt track car. $6500 it had a nice turret, door tops, and rear upper quarters and bustle were savable. I was adding up a list in my head, SAR qtrs, Sedan doors, mouldings, new floors, subrails, cowl bottom, rockers, parts at 8-10K, probably more. Tried to get the car for $4500 and couldn't get it done. Couple months later it was on EBAY bid to $16K (it did still have value as a race car too). I should have been thinking about mating the $6500 roof and qtr tops, with a $5000 2dr sedan body.

Just drove past a 32 5 window race car as yard art a few weeks back. It had a lot of trimming over the years, not sure it could ever be brought back.

Meanwhile my 34 five window is backburnered to the 32 three window......I'd still like to find a 34 3 window!

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

32v - Wayne, that is an impressive 5 window! Maybe you have some parts left over from the build that you would sell me?

Roadsir - Eric, you are right, often the cost of restoring an old race car body is high. Really the only way it makes sense is to restore it as a race car, or buy one at a low enough cost to justify spending the dollars on new panels. Coupe doors (if you can find them), trunk lids etc are expensive. From the picture above of that race held long ago we can see that a lot of coupes ended up on the track - got to be at least some of them still around waiting to be found.

10. holdenctx

holdenctx

Heres my 34 I picked up a couple weeks ago.....super stoked about starting this build

Attached Files:

11. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Holdenctx - great find! That is a good solid coupe body. You can install a stock firewall or build your own, and all the lower body patch panels and floor are available. Have fun with it!

12. Thank You!

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Another one found recently in the area - will get the story on it soon. image.jpeg

ALCAN AV8 and timwhit like this.
  14. Steve: Are you kidding? I'm dyin to get my hands on a coupe. Anything 32-34. I. going to have to stop checking on this thread, its killin me. Tim

15. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Tim - don't give up looking for a coupe, my friend. With your ability and talent you could put a coupe body together from parts like others have done in several builds here on the Hamb. Here is another pic of the new acquisition, it did not come with the wheels or tires shown, or the front axle.
    It spent the last 50 or more years in northern Alberta, and was discovered by my buddy Todd recently. Really a good find, as nothing has ever been done to this car except a lot of the parts went missing over the years. Needs a lot of work, and I will have to find the missing parts - but the stuff is still out there, so keep looking! photo 1.JPG

ALCAN AV8 likes this.
  16. There is a rough coupe on Seattle Craigslist for 2800 bucks.

17. JimSibley

JimSibley

Just saw it. Seems like a pretty ice deal. Needs doors though.

18. Bob Horace built this in 1959 and restored it a few years ago. my roadster &Bob\'s 3w 007 (640x480).jpg

19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"Just saw it. Seems like a pretty ice deal. Needs doors though."

Wow, that's a great deal for $2800. Might be able to even get the price down, though I bet it's gone. Body is very saveable. Dash is a bonus. Looks as though someone tried to Pro Street the frame...ugh.
    Grab a cowl and some coupe 4 dr. doors (cheaper) to fit. Would be a great candidate to drop onto a 4dr. donor floor/front body half-back to the B pillars. You'd net a full floor, new cowl and be able to splice out those pieced in panels above the doors.
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pts/4779442625.html

20. There's also a really clean 34 4 dr very complete for not bad money. Grab the 4 dr and the coupe & you'll have everything you need and then some.

Edit : there's was yesterday. Can't find it now.

21. Bader2

Bader2

Son of a bitch Steve! Really another one?

22. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I thought I was downsizing by letting the two three window coupes go, but then the opportunity came for this five window and my ability to resist 34 coupes is not good. I guess it will always be that way.

23. Bader2

Bader2

I thought you just added one and not sold any! Sorry just get a little jealous sometimes! Wanna adopt me?

24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

HaHa, Todd, get going on your 34 fordor! So has anybody picked up that coupe for sale now in Seattle? Put it together with a donor fordor and build a nice coupe.

25. Bader2

Bader2

Got most of the parts collected but there's a deuce Tudor in the works first!

26. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still have a 34 5 window to start, the 33 3 window has been gone a few years. Just never know if I will find the time or dough. They need a lot of ambition, money, and time!

27. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Love this thread!!

28. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Interstate car, looks stock but runs a 500+ci BBC. No shrinking violet.

33 BBC2.jpg
    33 BBC3.jpg
    33 BBC1.jpg

timwhit likes this.
  29. I want a 33/34 coupe in the worst way

30. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

This thread is making me drool!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014