Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Just another 50 Shoebox project off in the corner.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lono, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Lono

Lono

With the rear end on blocks- holding the body weight I have 2.25 inches clearance. - It's actually slightly more than I had when I had the stock shaft and rear end. - and had no clearance issues even on a pot hole road, which is exactly what I live on.

2. Lono

Lono

Admissions of a mad man: I dont do wiring...period. I'd rather that so someone who knows what they're doing and enjoys doing it. So, off she goes today to have the Rebel wiring installed and over for exhaust. Spring cruising is just around the corner.

[​IMG]

3. Lono

Lono

Soon. Wiring's just about completed and I'll be bring her home on her own wheels.
    Our April is looking looking like a dry one so time to license and start cruising early this year. Sadly June usually goes for shit and turns into monsoons around here.

Been sitting on this since December but cant keep it to myself anymore.
    My shoebox got a 2 page spread in firing Order Magazine. http://issuu.com/theoldtripper/docs/issue3 I'm stoked.

Since May 10th, 2007 I've been hanging in HAMB often as an Alliance member and cant remember how many cars I've built in that time and what a bonus HAMB as been in searching for clues and answers and ideas in that time.

So many Keepers along the way that have come and gone. The bucket list was 35 years in the making and I manged to cross ever one of my dream cars off the list. There were 2 at the top of that list since I can ever remember, my shoebox and a 55 Nomad. This year it's all about hanging up the tools and cruising, hitting all the shows I can and finding any other reason I can for burning fossils. It's like running as fast as you can for 35 years and then stopping to breath. I've finally arrived where I wanted to be.

The shop is getting cleaned out and got a repaint. All my left overs and misc. parts were loaded up last weekend and I headed to a swap meet and got rid of everything. It's a clean slate. Next week my box comes home and then beside her will finally sit her shop partner, a 55 Nomad. With embarrassing little to do to it, they'll both get their place in the sun. From 55 business coupe to 55 Nomad, I've had the pleasure of building on over 50 cars of all stripes.

[​IMG]

4. EBW

EBW

Awesome news on the Mag feature !!
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your fruits of your labor...
    Have fun this year with the shows and events !!!

5. Really like the chop top, but who would ever paint their Kustom that
    color ?:eek:

Attached Files:

6. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Congrats on the feature!!

7. Lono

Lono

Thank you guys and everyone who has posted on this thread. It's kept me inspired and motivated. Now I look back on it and still get the same excitement and satisfaction of seeing it come together.

8. layedout49

layedout49

Digging this ford , especially since its not bagged :)

9. Lono

Lono

New rad. New rear brakes and cylinders, Rebuilt Diff, new wiring, new bulbs, all lights and gauges working, seat belts ( gotta think safe ya know), rebuilt transmission. There's nothing mechanical left to do. It's enjoy time. The budget, that went to hell a year ago and just went into over time.

It's all about enjoyment now.

10. Lono

Lono

I got home yesterday a half hour ahead of the monsoons. Today a few flakes of snow.
    The wife says I'm rushing it but I need some road time bad!!!

Attached Files:

11. daddio211

daddio211

Too cool man! Enjoy it all you can because when the Nomad arrives the shoebox is going to get neglected!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. firehawgcfd

firehawgcfd

Great looking shoebox. I just read through the whole thread. Very nice work, Love the stance. I see that you used areostar springs up front and 4" blocks in the back. Did that get you to the final stance or did you also swap to dropped uprights and different rear springs in addition. What size tires are you running?