Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from the "Soo"

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Denns1989, Sep 7, 2014.

1. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

I stumbled on this thread a few minutes ago. I'm also a new member and (it's your darn fault) also got weepy eyed reading it because it reminded me of long ago when I was a boy and of an old Model A 2 door sedan that sat in an open ended garage in the early 60's when I was a boy growing up in El Dorado, Arkansas. I had seen the rear of that car in the open ended garage for years ever since I was allowed to ride my bike over to my grandparents home. I passed that car in the garage every time I rode over for over 10 years. It never moved and was no longer being driven. Man o man, did I want that car. Like yours, it wasn't for sale and belonged to an elderly widow who, until she got where she couldn't drive, only used the car on Saturday to go shopping down town (she lived less than a 1/4 mile from the town square) and on Sunday to go to church. I asked through my grandpa repeatedly if the car was for sale and was repeated told it was not. I graduated high school in 66 and went away to college and forgot about the car. Two years later, I'm home for the weekend and go over to see my grandpa and once again passed the old house and garage. The car was gone! Long story short, the elderly woman had passed away when I was away at college and her kids had sold the car.....never saw it again.

Like you, I always wanted a hot rod Model A and like you I was determined to get one. I didn't end up with the car I remembered growing up, but ended up with something that is cool and priceless to me. I wanted a Model A coupe to hot rod and finally got one. That's it in my avatar. Got it in late June this year, paid too much and don't care. Can't begin to tell you of the great old school plans I have for it.

Denns1989 likes this.
  2. That's a great story & sounds similiar to a Model A Coupe that sat in a driveway about a 1/2 mile from my house, I was just a kid on his BMX bike that would ride by just to look at the sad rusty coupe sitting in the driveway... my cousin knew the son of the owner & it "wasn't for sale, gonna fix it up someday"... years later once I had moved from town the guy sold his house & the coupe went to one of the auto wreckers in town who is known to put some "interesting" prices on his projects cars... It all worked out in the end, I'm much happier with the one I got :)
    Glad you got your Model A as well, nice to share with like minded people !

3. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

Your a lucky man!!!! will follow your project thread for sure!!

Denns1989 likes this.
  4. RustyDogg

RustyDogg

What a great story man! So many times you hear of the old car in the garage or barn that cant be bought. Guess this was just meant to be.

Denns1989 likes this.
  5. nix

nix
    from Italy

Great!

Denns1989 likes this.
  6. patterg2003

patterg2003

I read your intro & your thread on Snoopy form end to end. Well done! Nice to see how fast you are able to revive it & your respect the cars origins. It was good to see your progress & the history of the car as well. You found a perfect time capsule. Enjoy!
    Thank you for sharing.

Denns1989 likes this.
  7. steven fralin

steven fralin

great story !

Denns1989 likes this.
  8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Welcome from B.C.!

Denns1989 likes this.
  9. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

It`s obvious that you were MEANT to be the next owner. The integrity you have is rare indeed !

10. Welcome! Good to have you here.

Denns1989 likes this.