Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1936 Chevy Pickup -Radiator

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Lilred36, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Lilred36

Lilred36

Hello all,

Building a '36 Chevy Pickup with a 327, mild cam, 3-2's, and a 700R4 tranny. Will also be running A/C. Looking for recommdations on what radiator to run and where to purchase. Assume a 3-row will be sufficient. Any thoughts and recommdations are appreciated. I'm located in Lincoln, Nebraska.

Thanks, Jason

2. 29moonshine

29moonshine

i put a champion rad in my 35 chevy and it cooled good

3. Lilred36

Lilred36

Thanks Moonshine, I'll look into the Champions. Any other recommendations? Is it possible to go wrong?

4. Are you new to building a car??? Do you not know about Speedway ? their located right there in Lincoln and probably have a radiator in stock..Save on your freight too..

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Lilred36

Lilred36

Thanks wbrw32, not new to building. Constructed the first one in '84-ish. I'm VERY familiar with Speedway, had the opportunity to meet "Speedy" Bill and his lovely bride years ago as well know their kids. My grandfather ran around with Bill when they were adolescents too, great stories. They do have radiators but I'm really looking for an adequate radiator with an R134a A/C cooler as well that will bolt into the '36 shell, seems to be a tall order. When we first built the '36 in 1984 and ran it for a few years the radiator was undersized for the 283 and cooling was an issue. I'd like to ensure that adequate cooling is accounted for this go-around. And while I may not install A/C with the immediate build I know I'll be adding it by summer next year. And, as all of us here are usually frugal, I'd like to balance quality and cost for the most cost-efficient and quality constructed installation as possible.

Thanks!!