Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine builder in Phoenix area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by linechaser32, Dec 6, 2012.

1. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

Does anyone have any experience with a person who builds Tune- Port engines in the Phoenix area. He sells them on Ebay his username is fastfi602. I am thinking about getting an engine from him , but would like to hear from someone who has delt with him.

Thanks

2. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

These folks have been in business here in Phoenix 40 plus years and also sell on ebay,huge selection of options available check out the website:http://www.tuffdawgengines.com/ ask about the free shipping deal,this is one of the few places that have "turn key" engines which means they pre-run and break them in so you can just install it and toss out the worry factor with warranties.I have bought from them in the past,2 thumbs up.

3. gsheppard

gsheppard
    from colorado

He has over $5400 of a buddy's, over 3 mos, no motor yet. We're going to Barrett-Ja ckson later this month, are going to visit him. I hope he's legit, would hate to have to hire guys with crooked noses.....

4. gsheppard

gsheppard
    from colorado

I recently took the Liberty of calling Tuff Dawg engines in Phoenix. Not only had they never heard of Dane Fraley, they told me that they haven't built a SBC383 in over a year, ours was supposed to been in the last couple months. Avoid this Scumbag like the Plague. Complete liar.:mad:

5. kennkat

kennkat

Really? I don't know who "Dane Fraley" is either... "Ours"? I thought it was "your Buddy's" motor.... Got any receipts?? maybe you can post 'em, showing the facts... Save others trouble, backed by PROOF... Before you call someone a "scumbag" and a "Complete liar" on a public forum maybe you should prove that it is so...:eek::eek::eek: I have no knowledge of these people what so ever but it is all too easy to sling mud and very hard to clean it up!! :eek::eek:

6. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I used Mike Higgins... I believe the shop was Vehicle Performance... highly recommended!

7. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  8. gsheppard

gsheppard
    from colorado

I have NO quarrel with Tuff Dawg, they were very informative, and cool. However Dane Fraley IS a SCUM, no doubt. Google fastfi602, and he comes up on the Ripoff Report, all kinds of people have been burned by this P.O.S. I contacted a few "satisfied" buyers of his from ebay, every one of them said the stuff they got was crap, and would never do business again. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how they gave him a 100% rating; at least they got something, we have nothing. Yea, it's my buddy's motor, I'm building the truck for him. We are going to the Phoenix area soon, maybe he'll have a change of heart, right after his undies. He may find religon quickly.

9. jlown

jlown
    from oregon

I know of this dane fraley, has ads on ebay under fastfi602. selling tpi polished sbc engines. I ordered one last may 2012. still nothing from him after 8 months. I ve heard nothing but excuse after excuse. ebay wont do nothing. he had a couple negative reports that somehow he got removed to keep his 100 percent rating. I found several complaints on rip off reports on Dane Fraley, he said those were just made up. Hes very soft spoken and knows allot about the tpi units. Hes also know as corvette dana in the phoenix area. he said my motor is sitting there but hes been waiting on the tpi unit and wiring. thats been 6 months itself. he now said he is moving across town to a small house and has to build a new shop so he has room for his rip off work. I have his address but not his new one yet. He quit answering my calls unless I block my number so we have had allot of emails which i have saved all. i have told him as of the 1st of this he has 30 days, either a motor or my money back, said he doesnt give refunds. this a put me a year behind on my 56 chevy now and still nothing from this scumbag. I am considering suing him or paying him a visit but dont want to end up in jail. wish we could all get together and go after this guy. I will never give up on this no matter how long it takes. anyone feel free to contact me.

10. Ab48@

Ab48@

To Jlown, Hey man your story is identical to mine. I am trying to figure out what to do. Lets POW WOW. Thx AB

11. gsheppard

gsheppard
    from colorado

I know, let's go beat the Holy Shit out of him, and if we don't get our cash, (who would want a motor from him) take him out to the desert (lots of desolate square miles) did a big hole, put him in it, bury him, and unless he comes up with all our $$, leave the P.O.S.:cool:

12. Bangkok Dean

Bangkok Dean

I bought a motor and trans for Dane Fraley about 3 years ago he charged me for new injectors but shipped old painted injectors. The 700R4 trans was nicely painted but still had the old front and rear seals plus no O rings in the modulator cover and no gasket on the valve body.I had to have it completely rebuilt. As for the injectors he told me to send the ones he sent back and he would send me the ones I paid for. So I sent them by registered mail and after several months he calmed they never arrived but he signed for them.I never received the one I paid for.

So I can call him A scumbag....

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  13. gsheppard

gsheppard
    from colorado

By the way, I got my motor and a couple others for people that got burned by him, however, not quite the standard that he quoted. (Took the AZ AG to do it) I see he has ads on E bay again, he is in Texas...stay away, get your TPI from someone else, and put it on a long block from a reputable builder.

14. TsmittyinOz

TsmittyinOz

Hi
    My partner and I sent over $6000 Aus to "Ben" from Tuff Dawg engines for a Ford crate engine. That was over 6 months ago, no engine, no Emails. Ebay are useless, yet he is still advertising. Can you tell me who to contact to sort this crap out. Was this a case of "Rip off the Aussies?" Or are there others out there getting stung by these ass-holes?

15. fastlane65

fastlane65

Having similar issues with Tuff Dawg. Paid for a Ford 302 and AOD trans in May via ebay auction. Still nothing from them. Have emailed and called numerous times. In almost 50 attempted calls they have answered twice. First time was in July when they promised the trans was done and the engine would be done by week end, shipping next week. Didn't happen. Second time they answered was last week of August - was put on hold so the could check, never cane back to the phone so I hung up after 30 minutes. Email contact is worthless. I could live with it if they answered the phone or email and said it will be another xx days or weeks. Ignoring email and ringing phones is a total disregard for the customer and does not gain new or repeat business.

16. R Roach

R Roach

I too seem to have been stung by this mob. I had the same treatment as fastlane65. Have rang them repeatedly for 3 weeks and only get an engaged signal. Don't answer emails either.Very angry. The one time I did get through Ben told me the shipping company hasn't come to pick up the engine yet.How long does it take.The engine was supposedly finished in March.Never again.
    However, I have bought a 241 Dodge Hemi for my little rod. Stuff the Chev engine IVE GOT A HEMI NOW!
    Roger.

17. fastlane65

fastlane65

Conversed with someone in Phoenix on another board. He was having work done at Tuff Dawg and not getting results. He went by recently to check and the owner had not been seen in weeks. The employees were coming in, taking the phone off the hook and sitting around all day. Rent check has bounced and creditors are coming after the machinery. It is sad when a shop with a long history goes down like this. I have filed a fraud dispute with my credit card company and a complaint with the Phoenix BBB.

Billybobdad likes this.
  18. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

19. stewartwhite

stewartwhite

Doors locked and equipment gone!

20. Larryz4

Larryz4

Sign me up as just one more victim of this crook. I have his wife's work address, and his (Ben) home address. It was suggested by Stewart that maybe a class action suit against PayPal (for those that paid that way) might bring some level of satisfaction. I have filed complaints against him with the BBB, The Federal Trade Commission, and the Arizona Attorney Generals Office. There will most likely be some sort of investigation done, and with his wife being an attorney, they can't run too far. Don't know where to begin, but we really should do SOMETHING and not let this slimeball get away with grand theft!! Maybe 15-20 years in a prison will make him change his ways.

21. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where in Texas and what is the Eplay user name? need to share this info both for those burned previously and to avoid future pain.

22. Larryz4

Larryz4

In my case he was still in Arizona (Phoenix), his Ebay name is enginebuilder1 and his site was TUFFDAWGENGINES, which I notice now shows that he is not offering anything. But the same pictures and engines are found on the phoenixmusclecar listings. . . same guy?

23. Mike C.

Mike C.

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS AN ISSUE WITH THIS SHOP - PLEASE READ.
    I joined this forum just to try to help out. (First post here, but a cool place. I'll be back.)

Because of similar issues, I have contacted a lawyer to try to get some resolution from the owner of this shop. If anyone else would like to get in touch with the same lawyer, please let me know. It may be easier to go through the same lawyer, as a lot of the footwork is already done.

Either way, don't let this drop. Contact the Arizona Attorney General, get your own lawyer, hell - get a monkey to throw poo at the guy. I've found probably 2 dozen people with similar complaints. Math it out. That adds up to a very large ammount of money.

24. naparra

naparra

Was there ever any resolve to this. I am another guy who gt burned. Just curious as to what ever came about.