Register now to get rid of these ads!

1958 Edsel owner in Middle Tn

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by The_Senator, Aug 19, 2014.

1. The_Senator

The_Senator

Hello everyone, I've been a long time lurker, just recently bought a ride. I'm 26 and I've been driving a 2001 civic since I was 15. I brought home a 1958 Edsel Pacer 4dr hardtop last month as the first car I've ever purchased. I've not done much other than basic maintenance and put over a thousand miles on her so far. I haven't decided if I'll make it s complete period custom or simply restore and lower it. I have motorcycle knowledge but most of that is vintage two stroke.

Any, questions just ask!

The ride home on day of purchase...
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408502169.854707.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408502607.377369.jpg

Voodoo woman what have you done to me...

1958 Edsel Pacer

2. rprice76

rprice76
    from Palominas

Congrats and welcome!

3. PTO

PTO
    from CA

Nice edsel you have. If you need any help with the car, feel free to ask or post. I rebuilt the whole teletouch shifter systems, so you can ask me if you have issues with that. I also sell parts for them. Messages are the best way to contact me.
    If you have any other issues, feel free to ask or post. There are quite a few edsel owners here, so if I can't help, someone can.

Peter

4. castirondude

castirondude

Awesome ride! That's one heck of an up grade from a civic. I would just enjoy it as much as you can and not do any hacking and slashing. Depending on what kind of work was done to it and how long ago I would take your time to go through the car and look at everything real carefully. Pull the brake drums and look at the brakes, look at all the brake lines, make sure nothing it rotting or corroding and posing a possible safety hazard.

In fact a dual master cylinder might be a wise upgrade. I'm no safety freak myself but that one makes a lot of sense.

That second pic sure looks like I-10 , where did you buy the car?

5. castirondude

castirondude

I like the '58 they have that compass speedometer, that was such a cool feature , I have no idea why they want to a "same-old" needle on '59

6. The_Senator

The_Senator

Hey guys, thanks! The brakes are all original still, I'll go to the dual master cylinder when I lower it, the front brakes will be upgraded to discs at the same time.

I don't have the teletouch on this one. It's an automatic on the column.

I bought this in Lebanon, TN right off I-40. The photo was on 840.

The speedometer is pretty great looking, I need to get a new cable and possibly gear for it.

Voodoo woman what have you done to me...

1958 Edsel Pacer

7. Cool ride! Love those cars!