Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sorry for the delay.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NRErickson_84, Aug 27, 2014.

1. NRErickson_84

NRErickson_84

Hello, I am a 30 yr old retired Marine that is going to WyoTech to learn our fine art of hot rodding. Unfortunately they require a core class in topics like modern collision (ie: adhesive bonding body panels) which don't interest me in the least. I started here by posting a build thread about my 1949 Ford sedan custom. Chopped 4" in the front and 5.5" in the rear. I advanced the rear window by 2 3/4". I have truly fallen in love with this era of hot rod and customs. And really enjoy figuring out new ( or old) ways to fix problems. My goal is to be the next Bill Hines. Thank you.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Learning interdisciplinary skills improves your reasonind and problem solving skills.

When I am not building rods and kustoms, I am building high-speed computer network switchgear and cloud computing systems.

Keeps me off the streets.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Firstly thank you for your service

Then welcome to the Hamb.

My advice - learn as much as you can. There is an old guy near me with a cool period correct flathead powered 40 Coupe. All the rear quarter rocker patches were bonded in rather than welded. Can't see the difference.

There are instances where welding may not be the best option and under standing all options is good

Martyn

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit