Register now to get rid of these ads!

New format ... not checking your messages?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by neatoldclassics, Aug 19, 2014.

1. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

I have been trying to get a hold of HOTRODKID91 I don't think some members are aware that the small envelope image at the top right of the home page is what you push on to see if you have any messages.... just pointing this out ... hope to hear from you HOTRODKID91

2. It actually turns red when you have a message (conversation) same as the old PM. The one next to it turns red also when you are quoted etc. You may know this but those who don't, just found out. Sometimes you have to do some exploring. Tim

loudbang likes this.
  3. @neatoldclassics If the message you were trying to send was about his model A for sale you did not sent him a message you left a post on his profile page so the envelope will not turn red.

4. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

Well my message to him shows up on mine when I push the envelope...

5. Did you click on the start a conversation button or just go to his profile page and type a message? Unless there is a glitch in the system if I can see the message you did not send a conversation to him but simply posted on his profile page. Conversations are private and only those in the conversation can read them.

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I loved the old system where big pop up showed up, it was unavoidable and I never missed seeing that I had a PM. But with the new system I have had to apologize to several people because I didn't know they had sent me a message for several days, I hadn't noticed the red thingie.

I also just had a member respond to my ad but instead of a PM it showed up in my alerts instead of my conversations, so I almost missed it. I bet a lot of people are like me and never think to look up there to see what color those pointed things are.

Don

7. Mine doesn't I just have to do a mouse over from time to time to check.

I liked the little blinky flag better but what ya gonna do, just learn to navigate it and life goes on.

8. Everyone has been debating on where it was a message that he sent, how to send one, or whether the old system was better. Nobody has done this:

Hey @HOTRODKID91 look at this thread! @neatoldclassics is trying to get ahold of you for something. (Least now, he'll get another notification that someone is trying to reach him).

9. Old system was better.

10. Doesn't matter how many red flags a guy has at the top of the page if they don't look at them.:rolleyes:

11. Yeah... I realize that. But better to at least tag him again in case there never was a message sent, rather than just debate about whether a message was sent, how to send one, and if he saw it.

If the 'message' was just a post on his profile like you mentioned, than he may not have gotten a flag the first time at all...

12. I wonder if this is one of those features that works better in some browsers than it does in others. What browser are you using and do you have a different browser installed on your computer that you can log onto the site with and see if things respond differently?

13. I think it would also behoove you guys to update your preferences to receive notifications of private conversations via-email. Even when I'm not on the HAMB, I still get my messages via phone (through email.)