Register now to get rid of these ads!

Down loading images.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by kmiller62, Jul 28, 2014.

1. kmiller62

kmiller62

I have watched the tutorials on posting classifieds and down loading images but I am still having issues. When I try to down load an image it is giving me an error telling me that the file is to large. It is a standard picture from my iphoto file on my computer. Any suggestions?

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The short of it is - your file is too large. Try to get them to 2mb or smaller.

3. kmiller62

kmiller62

Thanks,

4. Downsizing your images before uploading them here will make them considerably smaller than 20MB. Probably even smaller than 1MB. For posting in the forums, pictures seldom need to be wider than 800 or 1000 pixels.

Your camera's settings menu will probably give you the option of shooting at different image sizes. For posting online something like 800 x 600 or 1600 x 1200 pixels should work fine. If you're making prints of your images you'll want to shoot at the larger sizes and then make downsized copies to upload to the web.