Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hopefully I'll have some slicks before RWYB!!!!!!!!!
    Hard to keep BGII straight with the tires spinning like that!

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Got some slicks, a set of 29.5X10.5 Hoosiers, used, but in good shape and the math works for wheel well clearance on the 10" American Racing "Daisey" wheels I have.
    Little tall for the 3.70:1 gear, but I think I'll be able to get a little more out of them than I'm getting now. Maybe since BGII is so light, it'll work.

3. captmullette

captmullette

OH YEA...............

4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bobby, have you made any changes in that bad ass "A"?

5. captmullette

captmullette

6. captmullette

captmullette

just went to a 4.56 gear, new carb....that's it

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

That 4.56 gear is gonna bring you outta the hole like a shot out of a cannon! Have you ever weighed that car? Gonna be hard for me, even with the slicks to even be on the same strip with you!

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

So whats the year cutoff for the racing?

9. chopped

chopped

HAMB friendly but fuzzy.

10. Technically there is no year cutoff at the track but to compete for our very few modest awards of RWYB 9, it should be pre-'72. Anyone is allowed to run if you pay $20 and pass tech.

11. I must add too that Everyone is invited to come hangout and enjoy a day at the track :cool:

12. I need to look into plane tickets. No vacation time left this year, but this is going to be a damn good event. Worth a quick sprint down.

GAOldsman likes this.
  13. captmullette

captmullette

going to silver dollar next week end for some tnt, gotta see what the ole sedan will do in the 1/4 with the new gear.... im gonna print some posters and give em out down here...

14. Well worth it Andrew! Come on down brother :cool:

Sounds good Bobby, hopefully I'll be able to break away this time. I'm still searching for some cheap steel wheels to put some slicks on. 15x8-5 on 4 3/4" bp

15. captmullette

captmullette

good luck on the wheels.........sounds like we're gonna have a drag race....by the way, ive got that real nice longest haul trophy from last year , id like to donate it back and only the year would have to be changed....

16. Sounds good Bobby. I'll see about getting the tag redone. I've got a few ideas as far as the Model A dash and gas pedal goes that you donated last year to make into trophies.

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I've got a sbc crank thow (jounal) with 2 H beam rods, badly bent, with the small (pin) end of one ripped out and the whole thing broken out of a steel crank that will make a good start on the hard luck trophy.
    Scot all I've found so far is high dollar "rally" wheels, still asking around.
    Bobby, you're making plans sorta like me. I want to take BGII down for a couple runs also. No strips down there in FL close by? Long pull just to makie a few practice runs for you, fairly close for me..

18. captmullette

captmullette

ya'll did great last year it'll be hard to beat, as a matter of fact, how a bout the hard luck trophy also.....im proud tp have em but ill donate it back als

19. captmullette

captmullette

no dom, 1 track near panama city but you never know when they're open, plus its 1/8 mile.....I need a 1/4 pass so I can get this carb jetted correctly

20. Bobby you should keep one or both brother. Anywho if Andrew or Jeff don't come, you'll prolly take the long distance one back to Carrabelle ;) :cool:

21. captmullette

captmullette

yea, ill keep em, just a thought.....they are so damn cool

22. Sounds good brother. Especially with Dave landing on ya :eek: ;)

[​IMG]

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

There's a much longer time between AMS and RWYB this year, so my race watching platform won't be still in place for me to fall off on Bobby.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jeez! 10 page drop in33 hrs. thie HAMB moves fast!

25. Yes it does Dave. But not as fast as it did last year... Me thinks this new format has run a few off :confused:

[​IMG]
    Days to go....

26. What's the date again? Maybe edit the title of the thread like Tony Does to include the date so you don't have to hunt 8 pages to find the date.

27. RWYB 2014 flyer v1.jpg

I'll be sure to paste one of these bad boys on each page from now on Josh :cool:

28. Remember everyone's screens are set up different - different size fonts etc. so some people may have a different amount of pages.

Continuously posting the flyer is one way!

I still think you could easily edit the title of the thread to include the date :D

You can "edit thread title" - there is a little button to the right if you started the thread.

I am only being blunt because DOM insists on it. It's the only way to live.