Register now to get rid of these ads!

cool offenhauser manifold...have questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCKRODDER, Aug 1, 2005.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I bought a manifold from a local guy today ,it is an offenhauser for 6 carbs,fits a SBC.The carb mounts have three holes ,any idea how I can find out what it is and how old,sorry I am not picture capable right now.:D Thanks!

2. DanCollins

DanCollins

thats a manifold that they still produce, not rare, but still cool, I'm running a polished one on my '38. the 3 boltss are for running stromberg or holley 94 2 barrels.

3. Is this really you asking, devildork?

It's coming to me.
    [​IMG]

4. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Thanks for the info , all I have ever run is 4bl carbs so I thought it looked interesting.I have $75.00 in it, I figured it was worth that?:D

5. Worth that and more! How 'bout up to $400? Nice score!
    [​IMG]

6. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Yeah ,and it looks like it has never been used,no bolt marks ,no gasket material ,no scrape marks,bolt holes all clean etc.. .:cool: He had a 6 cylinder offenhauser finned valve cover I am going to try to buy next to resale .:D

7. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Goober it looks like the one on the left in the picture,looks cool,wished I had the carbs and linkage!:D

8. Heck, just start collecting Holley 94s when they're listed in the classifieds here. Bet even with rebuild kits plus cores and other expenses you'll have easily less than $75 in each carb. Linkage is no biggie. Then, you'll have an induction system that looks terrific, is traditional and should you ever want to sell it you can likely get $1200-1600 or more for it. Sure, they may be a bit of a hassle to set up initially and may take more maintenance, but the look makes it all worthwhile.
    [​IMG]

9. Thats the same setup on the '55 gasser. Probably early '60s, but as stated they are still manufactured so who really knows. Probably around $4-500 if its early and nice, and a hell of alot more as you add stuff to it! (carbs, linkage etc...)
    -Dean

10. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Found #'s stamped in the bottom side #3924 and a date of 12-9-80 or 60 can't tell ,probably 80. Seems like I have seen Holley 94's at the swap meets here.Thanks for the pics ,gives me lot's of ideas!:D

11. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

If you get the 6cyl rocker cover I'm interested. Only if for the 230,250,292 series though
    Panhead Guy

12. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I think he said the guy still had the motor it came off of,he was building a ?40 Chevy car and pulled this six out.Who knows what six it was, I will try to check back with him.

13. SimonSez

SimonSez

And if it is for the 216/235 I might be interested :)

According to Speedway motors, you can get both the 216/235/261 and 230/250/292 versions new for $139 so don't pay too much for it!

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/product.aspx?display_id=813&dept_id=457

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/product.aspx?display_id=786&dept_id=393