Register now to get rid of these ads!

more info on mandatory black boxes in your car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manyolcars, Nov 29, 2004.

1. manyolcars

manyolcars

2. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

Funny how easy it is to record stats about your driving actions . . . but just too difficult to leave a paper trail for election data.

3. ray

ray
    from colorado

[ QUOTE ]
    Funny how easy it is to record stats about your driving actions . . . but just too difficult to leave a paper trail for election data.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, too bad nobody gives a damn. [​IMG]

4. oldspeed

oldspeed
    from Upstate NY

I swore I wouldn't read anymore about this because it gets me in a real bad mood, I lied, I'm pissed, they can take the black box and get it a little brown when they shove it up their ass.

5. DrJ

DrJ

Is there a cruise night on Jupiter Island, FL?

Is it monitored by satellite surveillance?

6. TINGLER

TINGLER

I don't like it any more than anyone else, and I'll fight it tooth and nail.....

BUT,
    I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here and ask this question: How would the information be used against you if you were NOT doing anything wrong?

I already voluntarily DO NOT drink and drive for the simple reason that it costs so much if you get caught. I simply don't have the money.....
    How does that interfere with my "rights". Do I really have a "right" to drink and drive and put others in danger? No.
    There have been MAJOR restrictions and penalties put on drinking and driving in my lifetime. Most of us are not up in arms ranting about that.
    Whats my point? I dunno. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I agree the black box situation opens up a pandora's box of problems in that the authorities can mis-use the knowledge and their authority.

Just like a cop on patrol can pull me over just for the suspision of drinking and driving....and if he wanted to, he could make my day really shitty.... But, the fact is, if I'm NOT drinking and driving, the cop can DO NOTHING to me.

Does the radar gun interfere with our "rights" to speed? We don't have a "right" to even drive, its a privelege. We are all lucky that we are even allowed to modify our cars at all.

Having said all that, I end it by saying that I HATE the thought of the government sticking their noses into my business. A black box will go into one of my old cars when hell freezes over.
    I like speeding.

[​IMG]

7. just 2 more things for the "sheep " to ignore til they get arrested going to their mistresses house or looking for a hooker on main, actually i disa gree on those 2 points , you DO have a right to drink and drive , BUT IF you do get caught , you WILL pay the penalty for it in jail. fines and guilt if you kill someone as we all know the drunk hardly ever gets killed
    You DID have the RIGHT TO DRIVE , BUT THANKS TO PEOPLE JUST GOING ALONG, YOU NO LONGER DO, because they tell you don't,
    but then I'm antisocial anyway.yes, I know about drunk driving better than most i drove for a large towing outfit for 10 years, the boxes will happen because the sheep don't care, they just beleive whatever they are told, not make waves and just follow along. (Sheep are the silent majority)

8. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

[ QUOTE ]
    We don't have a "right" to even drive, its a privelege.

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Man, that is some seriously fucked-up shit.
    I thought your society prided itself on it's love of freedom?

9. I don't know that I woud get my panties in a wad.
    I don't like the idea of anyone tracking my movements. But i figure if they can't make me install cats on my old hoopties they won't be able to make the box stick either.

10. TINGLER

TINGLER

[ QUOTE ]
    Man, that is some seriously fucked-up shit.
    I thought your society prided itself on it's love of freedom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? What are you talking about, of course we do.

Driving isn't covered under our constitution.....at least not as far as I know.
    ....now guns....THATS a different story.

11. freedom here has become a metafore , its a principle not in actuality, you are told what, where, how to do damn near everything these days.They pass it off as for the good of the rest of society/town/state/country/world, I'd leave, but its still better here than any other place I've seen or been. i'm damn sure sellin my house tho and leavin this messed up state, about a year I figure.Umm I'm a little hot over being told i can't have my 300 dollar temp shelter in toewn because "shacks" are not allowed,rather have my cars under tarps, sorry

12. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Weren't we all supposed to be living under a one world government, buying groceries with our credit implants, and driving around in electric cars or riding the "bullet trains" by now? Hahahaha.

Don't mind me, I'm just sheep #0004362485 sitting here waiting for the next sign of the apocalipse.

13. noboD

noboD

Does anyone else feel the insurance industry is behind this?? Here's the proof you were speeding, not wearing a seat belt, looking at some blonde bimbo, etc. and they don't have to pay.

14. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    you were speeding, not wearing a seat belt, looking at some blonde bimbo

[/ QUOTE ] [​IMG]

15. 41ChevyTrucker

41ChevyTrucker

I have the solution... never buy a new car again.

I'm guessing the chances of the government forcing the general public to install blackboxes on old vehicles is zero. Just look at seatbelts or fenders or even third brakelights. Most if not all states don't even require you to have them on old cars if they didn't come with them right? So we don't need seatbelts but now all of a sudden they are going to require us to install a satellite computer with a g-force detector? nah

Now for new cars it seems inevitable... but so does auto-pilot... good thing we don't talk about new cars on the HAMB [​IMG]

16. I think that one thing that is REALLY scary about this is our ever-increasing dependence on "Artificial Intelligence" to run our daily lives.A good example of this is a Boeing 747:A pilot does not"fly" this behemoth that can hold upwards of 400 people but rather he,"monitors" the computers that fly the plane.God forbid one one of these,"black boxes"should come down with a severe case of PMS in mid-flight!
    The same could be said of a black box installed in a vehicle one day deciding it's going to have some fun and totally screw up everything.If one of the functions of the box is to monitor a collision avoidance system or deploy an airbag(in the middle of rush hour traffic for instance)and that it was not just one of these but an entire production run the results would be catastrophic.
    Silly you say?Couldn't happen because too many safeguards are built in you say?Well remember this:these things are designed and built by human beings like ourselves and like ourselves,we are subject to an occasional bout of,"terminal fuckupedness".
    I don't like the fact that someone half a world away can punch up a few numbers on a keyboard and have my whole life history in front of them to do as they please with.And if you don't think that is possible,then my friend you are WAY out of touch with reality.
    The idea of a,"one world government" is something that unfortunately is going to become the Third Great Truth(along with Death and Taxes)unless we do something NOW to squash it.Sorry for the rant;I know Ryan doesn't like politics here but this is something that cannot be ignored.
    Ray

17. When it comes to deflecting mind control beams, real HAMBers cover their heads with traditional old school Reynolds Wrap. No 1-800 billet beanies!

18. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Like it or not, it's an invasion of our privacy. I don't care how you slice it or attempt to justify it.

The argument of "what do you have to worry about if you're not doing anything wrong" is absolutely 100% pure adulterated bullshit. Using this line of logic, it's OK for your friendly neighborhood copy to stop by your house any time he damn well feels like it. Why not? If you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to worry about?

This violates the 4th, 5th, & 7th amendments to privacy, unlawful search & seizure, & protection against self-incrimination. The insurance companies can all go kiss my big fat hairy pimple-laden ass if they want to run the bullshit about safety. Fuck safety.

I need to go. My blood pressure is up just a tad...

[​IMG]

19. ok . SO I AM NOT THE ONLY ANTISOCIAL PERSONALLITY DISORDER VICTIM AROUND HERE [​IMG] IF YOU DON'T GO ALONG OR AGREE, YOUR ANTISOCIAL THAT FROM MY DEPT OF CORRECTIONS SHRINK SOME YEARS AGO [​IMG] YA RIGHT! LMAO (oops sorry for the caps lock)

20. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

[ QUOTE ]
    When it comes to deflecting mind control beams, real HAMBers cover their heads with traditional old school Reynolds Wrap. No 1-800 billet beanies!

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me wonder what would happen if I wrapped my cell phone in Aluminum foil. Would it self destruct? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Progressive Insurance is already offering a plug-in black box that gives them information on your driving habits. Apparently they take a look at how you drive and can offer you a lower rate if you meet their standards. I think it's only offered in Minnesota right now, but you can bet that all the other states (and other insurance companies) are eventually going to follow suit...And I'm thinking that someday they will no longer cover anyone that drives without the plug-in "black box."

21. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Just read the whole article, and here's what Progressive's spokesman says:

"We can't control what other companies do," he says, "but I don't think we're ever going to get to a point where we're saying we won't insure you unless you have this device."

Notice he says "I don't think"...there's your writing on the wall.

I'll stick to driving older cars without all the computer controlled bullshit.

22. [ QUOTE ]
    THAT FROM MY DEPT OF CORRECTIONS SHRINK

[/ QUOTE ]
    A little off the thread BUT:Did you ever notice that if you split the word "therapist" into two words it magically becomes,"THE RAPIST"which is precisely what they try to do with your mind! I think this is where the term,"Mind Fuck" came from [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. brewsir

brewsir

when the insurance companies decide that all cars have to have this to be insured...then it will be time for the "HAMB insurance co. of America" (or whatever the hell ya want to call it)to be started. With enough investors anything can happen.

24. Bring it ON! I got your BlackBox RIGHT HERE, MOTHERFUCKER!
    [​IMG]
    Seriously tho...what harm is there in someone havin complete control of our lives? [​IMG]
    better LOCK this one before it gets political.

25. slammed

slammed

You can feel something is Wrong today, can't you? Dare to think outside the line's.

26. Anderson

Anderson

[ QUOTE ]
    I already voluntarily DO NOT drink and drive for the simple reason that it costs so much if you get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the lives you'd be putting in danger....

27. Just drive older vehicles and fuck the system. They have their good parts-like putting people in the wrong in jail, but they can take it to levels way beyond what they should be able to so easily that its pure and simple bullshit. If they succeed in doing all this big brother shit here I'll move to Kanada or the Netherlands or some shit... politicians are puppets for rich fuck's hands up their asses. I am disappointed and disgusted by this.

Greg

28. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Look, I don't drink & drive to see how well I'm going to do on the test later on, nor do I stumble out to my car muttering, "gee, I sure hope I slide into a family of 6" - I drink & drive because I have no other way to get my car back to the house! (Sam Kinison)

[​IMG]

29. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Half of the people around here need someone watching their ass with a finger on the kill buttom. (Kill engine, not person)
    The simple answer is don't buy new cars. I agree that they will never be retroed into cars that didn't come with them.

I remember when I was a kid, my dad and his friends used to set around and talk about stuff like the Trilateral commission and how they whole world would be under the tyranny of 3 familys by the 80s. Then it was Social Serurity and they were sure they would never see a penny of it.
    In the 50s it was the great commie hunt. Always something.

30. weekender

weekender
    Member Emeritus

Just wait until the Dept. of Revnue makes "you" put one of "thier" boxes in "your" hot rod so that "they" know how much Road Tax to charge "you" for driving on "Thier" roads. If I drive into your state, I pay there also. Think you won't get a large fine if you're caught with it disengauged?

I don't like it but I hear it's on it's way. Pay taxes for what "you" use.

Tommy Mc