Register now to get rid of these ads!

Blonde Girls in Black Cars - Tommi Gunn Carnage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Plowboy

Plowboy

Well, we ate some turkey out in the garage on Thursday and instead of taking a nap, we decided to do some drinking and cut on the Plymouth sedan project. This continued while we watched Metal Mania Friday night checking out some awesome metal videos. Autograph is kind of cheezy.

Here are some pics of the dissection. We thought the back window was too big so we chopped 'er down.

2. Plowboy

Plowboy

We then added the rest of the piece. We sawed right along the body line figuring that would be a good place to hide the seams. We had to slice a relief in the top of the frame to line up the curves. The top seam will be hidden when we make a new drip rail for it.

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

Next was to start adding the next window.

4. Plowboy

Plowboy

Then we added the rest of the window and a chunk of the bottom of the door, and repeated the whole pocess on the other side. Here is how it sits now.

Next is to fix the passenger door. The skin is removed here for straightening. Once the door is on there and fixed we will take 17 inches out of the top and the floor section and bring it all together. After that a 4 inch chop.

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

2 small rear side windows instead of one rectangular one?

6. Plowboy

Plowboy

Yep, that is the plan.

7. Plowboy

Plowboy

Back up top for the evening folks.

8. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Are you going to put small back doors in, or extend the front doors, or?? Did you think of taking all posts out and making it into a hardtop? Maybe even pad the top, make it into a pheaton type deal or convert sedan?

9. Is he gonna have ta shorten the frame?why dont ya trade me the Ford frame for the frame rails I have? they are shaped like a 34 but are Mopar or GM I think.I kno-Id have to add some extra tradin materials ......does he need a good engine and or tranny-or WHAT-EVER?? [​IMG]

10. Sport N Woode

Sport N Woode
    from Middle TN

Whatever happened to the Lunar Lander? Did I miss some updates or something??? [​IMG]

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

MY HERO!! [​IMG]

lookin good. now get back to the Lunar Lander. i'm REAL curious how that is gonna look all done. i'm having a hard time visualizing it.

12. yngrodder

yngrodder

[ QUOTE ]

Whatever happened to the Lunar Lander? Did I miss some updates or something??? [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lander is still on the burner he sold this Dodge to one of his freinds and he is helping him put it together should be pretty neat and fast when done.

13. AHotRod

AHotRod

looks interesting........

14. Plowboy

Plowboy

I am still working on the Lander now and then. The sides are all welded up on it and I am working on the windshield posts tonight. I should have the frame done by the end of the month. I don't care when I get it done. The goal for the Tommi Gunn is April.

The Tommi Gunn frame is going to get a Z in the back and a suicide front end. The frame isn't all that great but it is a good start. We are going to box it with some stout steel to make sure it will be solid.

15. slammed

slammed

Body drop this one? If so much much? And can someone photo-concept this car?

16. Plowboy

Plowboy

Yes, a 6 inch channel is planned after we get the body lined out.

17. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Where's the girls? You said something about girls goddamnit!

Looks good, keep us updated on progress.

18. Kaucher

Kaucher

How about a blonde on a car. KK

Attached Files: