Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saturday progress on my Five-0 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoon, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Spoon

Spoon

Got some shit done...
    New head lights. All new bulbs. New regulator. New tail light lenses. Driver's side mirror.
    (Met a great guy today in Arlington at a place called Antique Auto Supply. His name's Stacy Brown. I'll post his number for any of you whom are interested. He's sitting on an assload of warehouse space full of parts. I asked for '50 Ford tail light lenses, and he brought me a box full to sort through. Great place.)
    Bled the brake sys. There was allot of crap in there, but I finally got it to flow clean. Good back pressure on the pedal too. I got so excited, I had to take it around the parking lot a few times.
    If any of you live along Hwy 360 in DFW, you may be able to here an open header flathead six zipping up and down the highway early tomorrow morning. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nothin like cruisin the parking lot in your shubox. Keep going and you'll be crusin the streets soon. Don't forget to hit your local trucker's supply stores for chrome head bolt covers for that flatmotor.

3. HonkyTonker

HonkyTonker
    from Irving, TX

[ QUOTE ]
    Got some shit done...
    New head lights. All new bulbs. New regulator. New tail light lenses. Driver's side mirror.
    (Met a great guy today in Arlington at a place called Antique Auto Supply. His name's Stacy Brown. I'll post his number for any of you whom are interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats that number? Thanks
    Neal0o

4. Spoon

Spoon

[ QUOTE ]
    Whats that number?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have it on me.
    I'll post it tomorrow.

He's on Colorado West of Cooper, in Arlington.

5. Spoon

Spoon

[ QUOTE ]
    chrome head bolt covers for that flatmotor

[/ QUOTE ]

They're on the list. [​IMG]

6. aedan

aedan
    from ###

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Antique Auto Supply
    Stacy Brown
    1225 Colorado Ln.
    Arlington, TX 76015
    Call (817) 275-2381 [​IMG]

8. How is it running?,,,,,,,,I always thought the flathead six was a cool lookin' engine! [​IMG]HRP

9. Spoon

Spoon

[ QUOTE ]
    How is it running?,,,,,,,,

[/ QUOTE ]

This car's basically been parked since '74 when the P.O. side swiped a mailbox and her family made her quit driving. (one owner car. she bought it new on Aug 26th 1950, and traded a '36 coup for it. got 250$ for her trade [​IMG]) I through a new fuel pump, and a battery at it and it fired right up. Scared the hell out of me. Idles smooth. Sounds great! I agree. Those inline flatheads look cool. I'm gonna have to keep her as long as she'll hold out. (it's got 85 thousand miles on the whole car) Then I'll be forced to slide a flathead V8 in it's place. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Rusty

Rusty

Congrats. Glad you got some things accomplished on you ride. I thought I heard you driving around. My dogs would not shut up.