Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB tested - "LAB" apporoved!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ELpolacko, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Went for a ride today in the HAMB famous Roachrod. In for some tweaking for MilesM.

Woody approves, it was his first ride in a roadster.

Attached Files:

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Looks like he's happy not being "Couped" up. [​IMG]

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Which does he like better, the roach or the truck?

4. Damn,ya know he's gotta love the roadster,,,,look at his eyes,,,,he knowa his gonna catch that mailman this time! [​IMG]HRP

5. Cool, keep us posted.

6. ShortBus

ShortBus

I bumped into ol' Roachy in Scottsdale. He was keeping good company..

[​IMG]

Thems are Scooter & Jerry's trucks in the background (and the end of ElP's bumper). Anyone got info on the other two?

7. The black coupe is HotRodRon's dads car and the black T touring with the red wheels is Ron Olmstead and the car I took to HAMB drags 03

8. Mike

Mike

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

(and the end of ElP's bumper).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that bumper end is actually my '57 Ranch Wagon. [​IMG]

9. So did it float your boat? [​IMG]

One of the things I never got to was the rear shocks... damn thing rode better over on out shitty-ass roads WITHOUT rear shocks... it might ride ok on those smooth AZ roads with regular shocks... but I think the real ticket would be some light... maybe motorcickle shocks?

Sam.
    p.s. When are you going to do a roll pan and a full hood for that baby? Maybe lower the grille shell an inch or two?

10. Fun car to drive, quirky pedal positions and all. The back end does swish a round a bit over some rough stuff and I was thinking of using early VW front shocks on the rear. No gas pressure or anything just a good old "tradional" hydraulic shock.

I have a cool old sprint car nerf bar I am trying to adapt to it but the nerf is a little small to fit around the grille.

11. I built the car around me... I drive with my left leg pulled back against the seat, so the clutch pedal is ok. You might try adjusting a little bit out of it, so the pedal goes down towards the floor, I never tried to adjust it with the car running to see what the minimum of freeplay and depression it could take and still work.

Those two flat spots where the frame ends on either side of the nose was where I was going to make a nerf mount. One bar down and one that dipped just a tad... with a staggered Rolls Royce "RR" in there made from solid bar stock.

I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting to see what you guys do with it though...
    Sam.
    Sam.

12. MilesM

MilesM

Crack me up.

Ha Ha Sam, Stay tuned!