Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ken Gross 32 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sweats, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Sweats

Sweats

Ok so I'm reading the artical in TRJ number 14 and the feature on this car involving tire/wheel size says for the rears "Pete Chapouris located two rare 37 Lincoln wide-based wheels." after looking at the green bible I can not find this wheel, does anyone know the width and backspacing of this thing?

2. I remember that comment and thinking that sounds a little odd. What I think was meant to say was the lincoln one-year only('40,'41,'42, not sure) 5" wheel with the usual ford disc-style and 5x5.5 pattern. They have clips for hubcaps but will take the early ford ones. Very hard to find, visually different from fords with cap off, but with cap on looks just like a ford only 5". I gave up and just used F-1 5"ers. I think Jim Benitez might have them on the back of his new car, thats how he has Zephyr hubcaps on it.

3. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I have a NOS Lincoln wheel for my car.Just need one more.
    Ford green book won't show Lincoln parts dude,you need the Lincoln book.Also old Hollanders are very good.
    1941 Lincoln 16X5 5.5 bolt pattern

4. mr.midnite

mr.midnite

they are '41 Lincoln. They measure 16" x 5" and have the 5" x 5 1/2" bolt pattern. I'm not sure how rare they are as you can find them, they are just pricey when you do. And Jimmy does have them on the rear of his RPU, in fact he gave me my set. He's a hell of a nice guy!

5. Sweats

Sweats

Thanks everybody and I will now look for the Lincoln book, for my obsession with part numbers. Thanks again!

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

There is an edition of the Lincoln book covering 1936-48, which is all the Ford related Zephyr years. That's the one you need.

7. mr.midnite

mr.midnite

Sweats,

I went out in the garage and grabbed one off of the shelf, hope it helps

Attached Files: