Where Have All The Independents Gone?

Where Have All The Independents Gone?

I was browsing Instagram this morning on the shitter and stumbled upon some Stromberg 97 scoops that a young lad named Carpy was marketing. They are pretty damned… continue reading »

86 Comments
The Art of Bonneville Buttons

The Art of Bonneville Buttons

A while back I wrote about the Jack Kukura Roadster as it was sitting for sale over at Fantasy Junction near my office. Along with lots of documentation… continue reading »

5 Comments
Vintage Hydro Racing On Lake Essex

Vintage Hydro Racing On Lake Essex

A few weeks back, we gingerly launched a new forum on the H.A.M.B. titled “The Antiquated.” This isn’t a forum we are planning on featuring regularly on The… continue reading »

8 Comments
Draggin’ in the Motor City

Draggin’ in the Motor City

I’ll never forget my first drag race. It was the summer of 2004 and school had already been out for a month or so. I had just finished… continue reading »

5 Comments
The Goodwood Festival of Speed!

The Goodwood Festival of Speed!

You might remember my post about an event called the ‘Goodwood Revival’ that I went over to England for last year. As you read this, I’m heading back across… continue reading »

14 Comments
A.J. Lanier’s ’55 Thunderbird

A.J. Lanier’s ’55 Thunderbird

So here’s a random find… I was thumbing through a 1961 Trend Book publication and found two shots of A.J. Lanier’s ’55 Thunderbird. A.J. was a retired Colonel… continue reading »

21 Comments
The Indy 500: Rooted in Hot Rodding

The Indy 500: Rooted in Hot Rodding

This past Memorial Day weekend I ticked another motoring event off my car nerd bucket list when I attended the 102nd running of the Indianapolis 500 for the… continue reading »

16 Comments
Discounting The Consensus

Discounting The Consensus

The past few months have been pretty shitty here at The Jalopy Journal World Headquarters. I’ve been recovering from surgery, dealing with the death of a pal, and… continue reading »

60 Comments

Archive