2018 Jalopyrama: Cancelled

2018 Jalopyrama: Cancelled

I’ve literally been in a third world country for the past week and got back to work this morning only to be met with some bad news. Apparently,… continue reading »

64 Comments
Jack’s ’36 Ford

Jack’s ’36 Ford

This article could start with an anecdote about how hot rods are the most genuine outlet for self-expression. We could set the scene, put us in a place… continue reading »

7 Comments
The Frank Mack Roadster: Preserved Perfection

The Frank Mack Roadster: Preserved Perfection

Think of your absolute favorite hot rod of the 1950s: Whatever jalopy from that pivotal decade that you really love: Doane Spencer’s ’32 roadster, the Pierson Brothers coupe,… continue reading »

33 Comments
Dick Jackson’s 1954 Mercury

Dick Jackson’s 1954 Mercury

Hello ladies and gentlemen… It’s time for yet another installment of… Drum roll please: “ASK RYAN ANYTHING!” Ryan: This week’s lucky caller is Seymour Butts. Seymour, thanks for… continue reading »

10 Comments
Hanging out at Wally’s Place

Hanging out at Wally’s Place

After coming down to the Grand National Roadster Show at the Pomona Fairplex for the past 15 years, I’m a little more than embarrassed to say that I’ve… continue reading »

11 Comments
RPM Valve Covers

RPM Valve Covers

Over a decade ago, I bought a set of finned aluminum valve covers for early SBCs on the HAMB that had the letters “RPM” casted mysteriously into the… continue reading »

28 Comments
Mean, Lean, Green…Number 13

Mean, Lean, Green…Number 13

Growing up, there were two places in my hometown that my friends and I would go to look for old cars. The first was the parking lot across… continue reading »

9 Comments
Heading down to the GNRS!

Heading down to the GNRS!

Yup, its Roadster Show weekend in Pomona, and I’m looking forward to seeing the latest and greatest creations from across the continent. Even though I’m pretty much a… continue reading »

17 Comments

Archive