The Flying Ford Flathead…

The Flying Ford Flathead…

You probably know that Ford had an aircraft history starting in the early 1920s with Model T-powered Sky Flivvers, cheap and cheerful like the cars. Bigger success came… continue reading »

18 Comments
A Crap Ton Of New Swag…

A Crap Ton Of New Swag…

Like a lot of seemingly innocuous things these days, marketing really pisses me off. Or maybe it’s not marketing per se, but promotion. Either way, I get really… continue reading »

54 Comments
Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

Making a living and supporting your family with an internet business is a strange thing. At times it doesn’t feel real. Day after day, I sit here behind… continue reading »

91 Comments
The Mooneyes Yokohama Hod Rod & Custom Show

The Mooneyes Yokohama Hod Rod & Custom Show

Shige Suganuma started his connection with Moon way back in 1983 as a side business selling parts while he was working for Disney in Japan. He had met… continue reading »

12 Comments
Draggin’ at Caddo

Draggin’ at Caddo

For the past few weeks I’ve been digging deep into Texas drag racing history. On my kitchen table, photos flood from borrowed three-ring binders as my notebooks fill… continue reading »

8 Comments
The Crash

The Crash

Well… that was a pretty terrible 36 hours. In today’s day and age, there is no reasonable excuse for a website such as The Jalopy Journal to be… continue reading »

121 Comments
Cool Things about Wally Parks ’29 A Roadster

Cool Things about Wally Parks ’29 A Roadster

Can you believe Wally has been gone over 10 years now? To call him a hot rod icon is putting it lightly… But what I’ve been geeking out… continue reading »

9 Comments
Tweety’s Resurrection

Tweety’s Resurrection

You remember Tweety Bird, right? Well, it looks as though this famous old roadster is about to be reborn. Jim and family delivered the roadster to Rex Rods… continue reading »

Archive