Hot Rodding On Dirt & Sand

Hot Rodding On Dirt & Sand

The last two weeks probably represent the best consecutive weeks in traditional hot rodding that we have today. In Colorado, you have the Dirt Drags… and in Jersey,… continue reading »

Lower Key, Lower T

Lower Key, Lower T

I’ve spent the past two workdays no more than 50 feet away from what is arguably the world’s most expensive T-bodied hot rod. Yes, it’s probably the most… continue reading »

18 Comments
More Color Drag Racing Footage!

More Color Drag Racing Footage!

It’s a great time we live in, when color hot rodding films from over 50 years ago keep turning up on the internet. Today’s score is over an… continue reading »

4 Comments
Warren Dorrill’s Shark

Warren Dorrill’s Shark

I love Kustomrama just for the sheer obscurity of things like this… The story of Warren Dorrill’s “interesting” concept shoebox was posted on the H.A.M.B. a number of… continue reading »

28 Comments
The Least Likely Custom?

The Least Likely Custom?

Think of any post-war American car between 1946 and 1964… Whatever your thinking of, chances are at least one of that car has been made into a custom… continue reading »

20 Comments
The Tommy Garland Special

The Tommy Garland Special

A number of years ago, a museum in California advertised a 1922 Ford roadster for sale in Hemmings. The picture caught my eye and I asked for more… continue reading »

74 Comments
The Big Buick

The Big Buick

Go to almost any big car show and you’re going to see a whole lot of the same stuff. Rows of this, vendors with that, people keeping up… continue reading »

19 Comments
The Dingman Auction’s ‘Blue Boy’

The Dingman Auction’s ‘Blue Boy’

Mike Dingman was a Ford man to the core, once part of Ford Motor Company’s Board of Directors, as well as collector and historian of the brand. RM… continue reading »

39 Comments

Archive