The Mini Pre-War Ford?

The Mini Pre-War Ford?

I’m fascinated by just how global the Ford Motor Company was by the 1930s. Henry had the vision very early to make cars regionally that suited the market… continue reading »

27 Comments
Holy Smokes…

Holy Smokes…

“Holy Smokes!” That’s the first thing I thought when I saw this ad… And then that thought was followed by three or four private messages by folks on… continue reading »

25 Comments
Confession: I Love Crust.

Confession: I Love Crust.

Call it what you want: Crust, Patina, even Character. If your anything like me, you just like original, unrestored stuff more than things that are super shiny and… continue reading »

20 Comments
The 2017 Bayou Round Up

The 2017 Bayou Round Up

The Bayou Round Up is a sort of destination car show. Essentially, you load all of your buddies up into old cars and head to Lafayette, Louisiana and… continue reading »

20 Comments
Hot Rods in the Everyday (Also: Discoveries with “Liquid Wrench Number 2”)

Hot Rods in the Everyday (Also: Discoveries with “Liquid Wrench Number 2”)

When I first started working on anything of the mechanical nature, all I had was a claw hammer, a few screwdrivers and ragtag collection of seemingly random sockets…. continue reading »

6 Comments
Pikes Peak: No Margin for Error

Pikes Peak: No Margin for Error

My automotive news feed had a blip about Ken Block almost dropping his 1400 HP all wheel drive Mustang off a deep cliff while filming the “Climbkhana” video… continue reading »

20 Comments
Found Film

Found Film

Developing and scanning film is a long and tedious process that is laced with both misery and rejection. Typically, when I shoot a roll of 36 exposures I’m… continue reading »

37 Comments
Dirt Trackin’ in Deutschland…

Dirt Trackin’ in Deutschland…

I’m always amazed to see how much influence traditional hot rodding has spread around the globe, just in the last 20 years alone. A few weeks ago, the… continue reading »

24 Comments

Archive