Cool Things about Wally Parks ’29 A Roadster

Cool Things about Wally Parks ’29 A Roadster

Can you believe Wally has been gone over 10 years now? To call him a hot rod icon is putting it lightly… But what I’ve been geeking out… continue reading »

8 Comments
Tweety’s Resurrection

Tweety’s Resurrection

You remember Tweety Bird, right? Well, it looks as though this famous old roadster is about to be reborn. Jim and family delivered the roadster to Rex Rods… continue reading »

The Vermonster on the Lawn

The Vermonster on the Lawn

The first time I saw the “Vermonster,” I didn’t know it as such. Instead, I only knew it as a bright red slingshot with an injected 327 Chevy… continue reading »

15 Comments
Starbird’s Fantabula – A Bubbletop Bomber

Starbird’s Fantabula – A Bubbletop Bomber

Featured in the February 1963 issue of Car Craft, Fantabula was the latest Star Kustom Shop creation that had just bagged the Best Custom at the NHRA Championship Show… continue reading »

15 Comments
John Helmuth & His Film Camera

John Helmuth & His Film Camera

I love photography. I’m not all that good at it, but it’s something I love to do. And whether it be cars, watches, SCUBA, or photography, when I… continue reading »

25 Comments
1958 Plymouth Cabana – A Space Age Grocery Getter!

1958 Plymouth Cabana – A Space Age Grocery Getter!

I’ve said it before, 1958 was a hit or miss year for Detroit automobile design… The quad-headlight trend made for some very strange ‘transition cars’ that weren’t exactly… continue reading »

15 Comments
Ray Erickson’s 1952 Ford

Ray Erickson’s 1952 Ford

We’ve talked about Ray Erickson before. He built a number of the mid-west’s more well known customs and is largely responsible for the bible belt’s custom scene. Put… continue reading »

10 Comments
Long Live the Channel Job

Long Live the Channel Job

If you’ve ever been out East, you know the word: the channel is in. Get it sitting nice and low. Maintain that suspension travel. Battle those potholes and… continue reading »

28 Comments

Archive