Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ZERO offset 54 chevy spindle disc brake kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldSchoolSS, May 29, 2015.

1. OldSchoolSS

OldSchoolSS
    from WI

Hey Guys,

I have a 62 Corvette I'm working on. I put a new set of wheels and tires on the car that I was hoping would just clear in the rear but they rub on rough roads. Nobody makes a wheel in the style I want, in the width I need, with the backspacing I need. I need 4.25" bs but only 4.0" was available.

So, I found a rare 8.5" 59" wide s-10 rear axel to swap in which gives me a stronger rear end, better gears, a posi, and disc brakes. I figured it'd look dumb to have discs on the rear and drums on the front, so I planned on putting a disc conversion on. I bought the JAMCO bracket and adapter and come to find out later it pushes the wheels out 3/8" on each side. So now I'm worried about rubbing in front.

I know Buffalo Enterprises makes a kit that has zero offset and requires machining on the spindle and drop steering arms. There was talk that people thought it was the same as the speedway kit for 54 spindles. I have next week off and I need to get the work done on my car next week, so I don't have time for the buffalo enterprises kit. Could I buy the speedway kit and bolt it on? I do have Jamco drop steering arms with the spindles. I believe stock 49-54 arms hit the caliper on the speedway kit. I'm just not sure about the drop arms.

Thanks,

Scott

2. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

What kind of wheels do you have. I just milled 0.25 off mine because they just barely rubbed.
    I'm sorry I can't help with the front spindle issue.
    Godspeed
    MrC.

Attached Files:

3. OldSchoolSS

OldSchoolSS
    from WI

The wheels are US Mag units. The holes for the lug nuts are sunk pretty deep into the wheel, I don't think it would be safe to mill any stock off.