Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Zephyr Coupe Owners-need help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigchuck, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

I am working on a 37 Zephyr project at the shop and need some info.
    What all parts make up the door window channels and inner and outer glass sweeps?
    I am not familiar with this old stuff. I did not take the car apart and do not have the old parts for reference. I cannot seem to find any type of body assembly manuals for this thing. I have the regulators and run channels that go in the door but, that is it.
    So, if any one out there with one of these cars could take some pictures or, give me some insight or, know who might know, that would be real helpful.
    I have looked at the Boos-Herrel info. but, it is not doing the trick.

2. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

You might want to post this over on the Ford Barn. There are several members there that have restored Zephyrs.

3. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

So, found the old inner and outer window seals/ cat whiskers/whatever you want to call them. I can see the holes that attached the outside part to the door. Assume it was attached with those horrible screw nails. However, I see no holes in the seal that goes onto the window garnish molding. No holes in the weatherstrip and no holes or, evidence of filled holes in the molding. So, how was it attached originally? Glue?
    seal 1.jpg

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. greybeard360

greybeard360

The window sweeps were attached with wire Staples from the factory. Most I have used came with small flat head screws plus glue them in place. I have used pop rivets but you have to make sure the pull stud doesn't stick out of the river.... Instant glass breaker. (Don't ask how I know). The run channels attach the same way.