Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yup, I'm new here. Living (?) in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dougos67, May 18, 2010.

1. dougos67

dougos67

Greetings and salivations! I'm Doug, 42yo man trying to be an 18 carefree boy. I have a '49 Plymouth Business Coupe that I've been tinkering with for a few years. I've plucked out the original flat 6 and 3 spd tranny. I have rebuilt a '71 318 (bored .030, big comp cam, magnum heads by engine quest) and look forward to getting it nestled into my ride. I'm currently debating wether to stick with the original front suspension or to do a "volare" swap. If I stay original, I will complete my DIY disc brake conversion. For the hind end, I'm thinking a Ford 9" (disc from a Versailles??). The trans will most likely be an auto ( have a 904 of dubious heritage)

I love rat rods and am lucky enough to have the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly show here local. Also will be attending the Rockabilly Rod Reunion at Las Vegas Motor Speedway later this month.

I grew up (some say not) in northeast Kansas. Learned to drive in a '67 Pontiac LeMans 4 spd and have spent many an hour tearing up the back roads (ala Junior Johnson).

Nice to meet you all and thanks for having such a great site.

2. Arthur1958

Arthur1958

Welcome! I'm building a '49 Club Coupe and there are several other guys with old Mopars here. Most of them will be relieved that you put another Mopar engine in your coupe ... but a few of the hard core ones might still object to the Ford rearend.

3. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate
    from California

Welcome from socal