Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Your wonderful interior and where.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 54hotrodder, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Ok guys i am doing a at home budget custom. Im at tbe step where i want to get my interior done. My grandpa wants to help me do it.
    Question. Where can i get like 1.5" roll n pleats by the yard.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Make them yourself it is pretty easy. Buy sew foam and some vinyl. Check out the upholstery social group and search for threads by gilgonzales he does a great step by step on how it is done.

3. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Ok cool. I seen some on ebay for marine use. Which i did not know how it was for use on interiors

4. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

getting supplies at a fabric warehouse 1st time i did was with the wood panels then redid after 1st year of driving it

Attached Files:

5. greybeard360

greybeard360

I buy all of my upholstery supplies at Larry Dennis Company in Ft. Worth Texas. They have a huge assortment of materials and I do believe I have seen some pre-sewn pleated vinyls there. http://www.larrydennis.com/

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Hit your local "Joannes" fabric shop, they have LOTS of marine vinyls, metal flakes, foam, all the stuff you need to tackle your home job. Plus, periodically they'll have 50% off coupons, yard goods are always considered "one item". I have an old "Sail-rite" that does an adequate job, and have done several interiors. Saved me THOUSANDS of dollars, and fun work too!

Brian

7. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Also, if you are unsure about all those loooong straight seams for pleats, JC Whitney still has pleated material (it's nice too), as does "EZ Boys". Check it out.

Brian

8. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

I did my interior myself. Got the custom fit seat covers and extra yards of roll and pleats from the same place. They are called automotiveinteriors.com
    I am very happy with them. Many different colors and styles to choose from. Check out my gallery on my page to see pics. Good luck!!

9. Check online with different marine suppliers. You can google up a bunch of them. I bought some 1" sewn Naugahyde from one of them very reasonable, don't remember who though. You can get formed pleats or sewn.

10. we used upholstery board from a trim shop because it doesn't have the acidity of plywood.

we used poster board to lay out the design.

[​IMG]

Laid out the design and covered.

[​IMG]

We made our on pleat. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Wow. Many different places. Thanks for the input. Today im gonna go check out some stores.. i was going to use masonite boars for my panels with a visquine moisture barrier behind it.

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

FWIW, the black cardboard the upholstery supply places sell is subject to warping when your door panels get wet, and they will get wet...but the new black plastic "board" will not warp...it's not cheap for a 4' X 8' sheet, but it sure beats having to re-do your door panels after a couple of summers of rain storms...

R-

13. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Ok cool thanks for the input.

14. tbauer

tbauer

Great looking doors Hotrodprimer.

15. jcs64

jcs64

16. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Ok cool. My grandpa knows how to sew. He wants to help with this and he is pretty good at it. But thanks for the tips guys

17. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Tijuana,mexico.Best money I have spent for an interior.Has held up for the last 6 yrs with not one problem.No tax,no drama and done in one day.

Attached Files:

18. 61dailyf100

61dailyf100

Wow Tj is looking good ! Did you get those seats refoamed too ?

19. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

No the seats were in great condition.I have taken other rides there as well and they re do the foam and even mend the seat frames.i take my rides to one specific shop that's been there since 1962.

20. Danny, where did you get the chrome trim? Is it the original or aftermarket?

21. 61dailyf100

61dailyf100

Hey hombres, I got a bench seat I want upholstered what is the shop called ? Location? I have a friend that lives in Ensenada maybe he could take my bench seat. Any other pics of interior they did for you ?

22. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Well im gonna go check out some places today to get my vinyle from. Ill check out some boat places as well as fabric shops.

23. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

24. Don,that is original to the '54 Ford..

This is the finished door and the piece of stainless separating the carpet from the vinyl material is something I got at a automotive upholstery shop.

it's made for vinyl tops. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  25. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Well i went to joanns and they had nothing even though i called them and asked, amd they said they had it. So tomorrow i am going to kendor marine and get some i knoe they have it. I seen it on there website.
    Im working on my trunk.
    Im makeing trunk panels to with upolstery (shown below) on them

Attached Files:

26. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That sample shown is top stitching NOT pleated, or rolled and pleated or roll and tuck!

27. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

I know, i just pulled a sample you can see the stitching.

28. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Kendor Marine sells Pleated vinyle.

29. I have never seen a pre made pleated vinyl. Usually they are top stitched or just a pressed pleat. Make sure you show it when you pick it up I would be interested to see what it is like.

30. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

I already called them. And made sure. I will have them show me a sample before i buy it by the yard.