Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Your shift knob is ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edcodesign, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Ebbspeed

Ebbspeed

X2

jim snow likes this.
  2. Drylake

Drylake

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I think by the time I have finished my roadster I'll have one for every day of the week. I also have an 8 ball shift knob.

Sent from my SM-N910G using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy, mgtstumpy, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
  3. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

IMG_6515.JPG Stopped at a garage sale going home from work,end of the day. These were in a box of random stuff. "How much?" The poor gal was about wore out, "if you can use 'em, take 'em". I dropped a dollar in the jar on the table and waltzed on out. They have some kind of thread insert in them. A 4 and a 12.

UNCLECHET, Stogy, mgtstumpy and 3 others like this.
  4. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

Not mine... IMG_6900.PNG

Okie Pete, Stogy, mgtstumpy and 2 others like this.
  5. TDCENG

TDCENG

DSCN0123 (2).JPG ]saw this at the salt flats

dan31, UNCLECHET, Stogy and 7 others like this.
  6. This has been on every hot rod of mine atone time or another since 1964 when I bought my first new car........ Schlitz shifter knob.jpg

scott27, Stogy, mgtstumpy and 5 others like this.
  7. ..Blue. So is the reverse knob, on the Hurst Ramrod shifter. JPEG_20170507_194014_112082179.jpg

Okie Pete, scott27, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  8. That's my favorite beer

Stogy and Jet96 like this.
  9. XXL__

XXL__

Briggs & Stratton piston I.... uh... acquired during a rebuild in junior high school shop class oh so many many many years ago.

shiftknob.jpg

Okie Pete, Stogy, mgtstumpy and 5 others like this.
  10. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I never knew that Briggs & Stratton built a 2 cycle engine, learn something new every day!

Raunchy likes this.
  11. Not mine but really like it
    [​IMG]

12. Speed~On

Speed~On

Here is my latest shift knob. It took about 3 years but I finally found a rare 1966 Battle Creek Sanitarium coin. I had it mounted in a Bakelite shift knob. Put an insane shift knob in your insane hot rod!
    "Just the right amount of wrong" ;)

upload_2017-6-30_9-44-45.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Okie Pete, Jet96, biggeorge and 10 others like this.
  13. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. Funny. Reminds me of when my mom worked at the state hospital here in Porterville California in the '50s. She drove to the hospital to pick up her check or something like that. My sister and I were grammar school age and sitting in the back of the car dressed probably in some old curtains or some such crazy outfit, wrestling and going on as usual. Mom said the lady at the front desk looked out in the car and asked seriously, " Are you admitting those children to the hospital?"

Stogy, deadbeat, enloe and 1 other person like this.
  15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

bowie likes this.
  16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Hopefully my son will find something cool to add to his collection at the Swap Meet while we are set up at the Meltdown.

17. 4speed411

4speed411

#3 Billards ball

Attached Files:

Okie Pete, mgtstumpy and edcodesign like this.
  18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My...Funny story here, I found an old, old cannonball about the size of a que ball in Grandma's back yard while digging. Grandma and Grandpa built the house in 1900, (Santa Clara) 'new lot', so it had been 'rough land' before that.
    The cannonball was solid steel, real heavy, and surface rusted with a 'grain'... old pal Joe Cardoza had built a channeled '30 'A' roadster, Buick mill, '39 box.
    The car was freshly detailed, painted Fiesta Orange for the San Jose car show, 1962. Joe begged me for the cannonball, so I gave it to him.
    Perfect shift knob, but he broke drill bits and 2 taps getting a 5/16" thread done. His painter matched the roadster's color for the knob, proudly displayed on a stock length '39 stick.
    More than one spectator asked about the citrus-like knob..."What's that, an ORANGE???"

19. That's an interesting story about a pretty cool item to make into a shift knob. I think in that situation I would have joined the Patina Tribe and left it crusty and rusty to show off that it actually was a cannonball. Once it got painted, all the history was out of sight like it never happened. It's all good, though. It's still a big step up from a lump of plastic from Pep Boys.

20. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I need a Black one with white pattern-----Any help?

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Sorry Don, none here, don't recall seeing one in the flesh for years.
    Gotta say though as much as I like the white Hurst knobs, there is just something about looking in a four gear car and seeing one with those old black knobs.

22. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm running a total black knob,-----Just thought it would be nice to have the white shift pattern staring at me!-----Thanks anyhow!

23. Pgaines

Pgaines

Okie Pete, Stogy, mgtstumpy and 7 others like this.
  24. johnnymac1

johnnymac1

CRAP, now I don't know what I want to make work,.

knobs.jpg