Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your opinions ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wensum Valley Rods, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Right, just seen a thread on here about some art work on a rod. I don't want to be seen to be knocking it but I showed it to my wife Beverly and we both agreed that it really isn't good.

Last summer I finally got Beverly to put some art work on the back of my roadster. She thinks that its not really any good, I absolutely love it.
    I think its really period, and looks just right. Everyone who's seen it so far has agreed with me. We went to the Finsterwalde Hot Heads East run in september and the artwork got more photos taken than ever.

So, I have told her that I would post pics on here and let you guys give your view. I have told her that if its good then you will know, but if its not up to scratch then you're sure gonna find out soon enough .lol.

Here's the pics. (I hope)

Paul

Attached Files:

2. Fenders

Fenders

Reminds me of the WWII bomber art. Beverly is just being modest, it's awesome!

3. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

she should not get any bad comments at all!!! that is as good if not better than a lot of the work i have seen on other cars. she could make money at it!!! nice work.

4. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Thats nice looks fine .. If you referring to the art work on the door of the pickup ,,that guy needs to get a part time job so he can have it done right :)
    Dave

5. You have opened a can of worms and you will have to pay the consequences.
    "Honey, does this make me look fat."
    Seriously, my honest opinion is that it is some excellent artwork with the lettering needing some study. This is already known to her without my saying it.
    Good luck.
    I am just as dumb answering this, as you were asking it.:):D

6. ken1939

ken1939

Nice work no doubt. All free hand brush work, or airbrush?

7. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Looks great definatly south central USA nose art.
    play a little Bob Wells and Willie Nelson on your 8track player and your good to go, and traditional.

8. Makes me wish I was a spark plug. :)Looks OK to me.

9. Looks fine, bomber art was not precise, more homespun. The other thread showed poor work.

10. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

It's ok. But I'm not one to make a spectical of myself bashing someone elses work.

11. looks cool to me and makes me wish I was that spark plug

12. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

I like it! Isn't there a sparkplug ad that has something similar to this? Seems like it was AC?

13. dannyego

dannyego

Whats the thread for the door art thats being bashed?

14. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

15. OMG, critiqueing someone else's work is almost blasphemous here but WTH? The artwork is fine, not too perfect but pretty enough to take home...Lettering might need a bit o' work but still nice enough that I'd be proud of it on my car. Name is "okay" but perhaps a bit overused? I don't know your ride, but the way that gal's straddlin' that old plug, I'm thinkin' "Pokey"? Just 2 cents worth, and I like it.

16. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

classic pin up art - I love it :cool:

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be proud to have it on my car !

18. skwurl

skwurl

Looks great!

19. smarg

smarg

very vintage

20. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Definately all free hand work, no real design she just followed the trend of several nose art pics that I had and came up with this one.

Raceron1120, yep know what you mean about the overused name, but the roadster has had that name since I built it (about 7 years now), its just that Beverly has finally added the nose art to go with it.

Hers some pics of the car that its on.

Attached Files:

21. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

Like the flathead. Have any current pictures?

22. If I were being very picky I could say that the face needs a little shading just to make it look round rather than flat,
    But it's very good, I have never managed any thing that good, and I am still darned proud of what I can do.

23. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

I will get some up to date pics and post them, it was looking pretty rough in those ones. It had been used as a dailly driver solidly for the last 6 years and covered over 200 miles a week, rain , sun, or snow.
    Those pics were taken at the Ace Cafe in london, the rusty water marks are where the rad boiled in really nasty traffic jams , it was a real hot day (by our standards).

It has been tidied up somewhat now, and I have taken the old worn out 39 3 speed out and converted over to a mocern 5 speed with overdrive (not as traditional I know, but drives well and saved me heaps of cash on fuel on our 2000 miles tour of europe in the summer).

Thanks for all the great comments on the artwork guys, I had absolutely no doubt that it was spot on, but Bev is very critical of her work.
    I think your comments will change her mind.

Paul.

24. kustomkat

kustomkat

Great pin-up art. Very well done...

25. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Hey Paul,didn't know you hung round here!
    Don't ever make the mistake of listening to the other half.the trick is to make her THINK your listening:D
    Art work looks spot on,don't change a thing
    Paul

26. I like it.....Like I said last summer when you posted it on the NSRA!

27. Looks great to me. Like hot rods, art's not supposed to be perfect, that's what makes it real and intersting. If you want perfect go to Pep Boys or Auto Zone and get a $3.00 decal. At least that's what I tell 'em when my lines don't match up. Keep on strokin'.

Mikey
    www.MikeysPinstriping.com
    www.HotRodConsulting.com