Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your Honest Opinion... Does this look CROSS-EYED?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Detonator, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Not a big fan of frog-eyed hiboys, so I found some headlight stands that mount the headlight buckets down low, right over the frame rail. I think it's a little too tight, but I kinda like it...

Attached Files:

2. How about a side view?

3. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I like the height...but it does have a slightly 'crosseyed' gaze to it, though...but that's not neccessarily a BAD thing!

I think it will look good in the finished product...a little different, but that's what I like about it!

4. FONZI

FONZI

I think they are too close. Reminding me of a baja bug. Beautiful car though!

FONZI

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. I musta sneezed -- the side view was all jerky and out of focus.Most of the headlight bucket is out in front of the grille shell. And the hood lines up nice with the cowl.

6. Nice but can look better with the inside of lights ouside the grille opening....[jus me] [​IMG]

7. I think if I can move 'em out and back just a tad, they'll just cover up the view the top of the shocks.

8. DUDE... those look like fucken KC off road lights mounted like that, wouldnt be bad if you lived in florida, but i think you need to space them out a bit here in ca. car looks pretty cool otherwise.

9. They're B-L-Cs -- nice teardrop to them, but it's hard to tell here. Wonder if there's a headlight-distance-apart law in CA? I guess I could measure a Baja Bug.

10. na man leave them like that, just put stone guards on them, and cover them with the little yellow KC covers at night. [​IMG]

11. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

Dave- I'd say move them out a bit... they do look too close together...

12. Move each one out 3/16ths of an inch.....

13. Stoneguard screens ..........hmmmmmmm

14. hahahaha. yeah man, also, you could just run cargo nets for doors. [​IMG] any more pics of the roadster? looks cool with the nailhead.

15. Paul2748

Paul2748

For what its worth, I agree with the others who say they should be moved out some. Too close together. Inside of the lamps should clear the shell to show off the shell. Nice car.

16. TV

TV

This is the real skinny-- Move them out till the edge of headlight ring is 1/2 inch from the outside of the grill, now move them back till the front of the glass is even with the front line of the grill. Big,small pointed,the position is perfact.I would tell you where that info came from but I know he would kill me.--TV

17. I ran this awhile back when I first mocked up the chassis but I don't mind running them again [​IMG] here's the Lincoln brakes (bendix-type) from Bob Wilson

Attached Files:

18. and the rear end. '40 spring and a nine inch

Attached Files:

19. TV --- naw --- moving the headlights back so the lens is flush with the front of the grille is a Pete Chapouris rule.... no thanks.

20. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

They look too close.. change it

21. NealinCA

NealinCA

I like the lights out in front, just a little farther apart. I like to see more of the grille.

Looking good.

Neal

22. 55olds88

55olds88

where's your dagger dip stick handle ???

23. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I agree w/everyone else..they need to come out a touch. Now are there any females with the same problem? [​IMG]

Dirty

24. hatch

hatch
    from house

They just need to be a little bigger....

Attached Files:

25. .....ha! leopardskin pillbox hats! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hey Paul -- I'm diddlin' with that dagger right now. Cut off the end of my dipstick (oil variety) and ground it to fit the dagger handle, assembled it -- then discovered the handle was too big to slide down between the head bolts and block castings. What a dumb shit. I shoulda spent more time LOOKING at it before I went to work. So now I have to come up with some sort of extension for the handle, so I can get the dip stick in all the way. It's too cool a hnadle -- I'm not giving up on it.

26. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

Hatch your killin me [​IMG], I think just a little farther apart would look great.From that angle they do look off some.

27. I knew Hatch would come through, but they still need to be alittle farther apart [​IMG]

That RPU is sooo right on. I must have one soon.

28. hatch

hatch
    from house

Better???

Attached Files:

29. sawzall

sawzall

Detonator

can they be flopped side to side? lef on right right on left that would possibly push them out a bit.. right now they are way too close IMHO

30. hatch --- you nailed it.