Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Your general impression of the HAMB. Share your good experiences.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pensive Scribe, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Nyuck,nyuck,nyuck...Gotcha!

2. Have dead deer, will travel. :D
    And, you adopted my little boy that night.

That party at PASO JOHN's was a part of what I was talking about, man.
    You guys didn't know it but you became my family at that time.

JOE:cool:

3. How about the Pokemon board?!

4. Yup, good times!

5. Flattop Bob looked after me pretty good, and another Hamber who I have shamefully forgotten sorted out my computer problems. Good people.

6. Killer

Killer

That one was good too!

7. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Hard to believe a few days ago marked 8 years Ive been a member here..
    Ive met so many people because of the HAMB..

Im here several times every day. If, for whatever reason, Im not able to log in for more than a day or two, I get the shakes:D

And it was brutle and fun back then. This is the new, pc HAMB. The newbies these days dont know what ball-bustin is....

8. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hey hey thumbs up...love the site and all you wonderful folks who enjoy this hobby as much as me , keep postin.....love you all

9. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

You callin me an asshole?? :)

10. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I couldn't agree more! :cool:

11. scoop

scoop

Paso's party. That was a great night.

12. indyjps

indyjps

Fab work and knowledge on this site is better than any other car site I know of. This place is a little rough on the edges and if youre a "sensitive" person you may not fit in. I own a barely HAMB friendly car and I havent even started it yet, Im still on here more than the sites that relate to my non HAMB friendly car.

13. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

It is a great site. Lots of information and experiences. News, photos and camaraderie too are here. There are all kinds of owners of different types of cars from the Gold Chainer's big buck plastic car to the unsafe rustmobile fresh off the south forty on the cattle ranch and everything in between. Sometimes there is disagreement or opposite opinion of what a rod should be but for the most part everyone is civil. I myself like all kinds of cars (except plastic, same with women) from Con Course Antiques, Race Cars, Traditional, Radical Customs and even the rustmobile from the south forty on the ranch.

14. i'm in....wish it was sooner when I first heard about it....

some HAMB'ers know of my fetish...yes I'm a horder....and like some one said earlier - I like old sh...stuff....

15. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

I've learned a lot on here and tend to spend hours looking at the cars, art work and "how to" posts. I can't wait to get my 55 Effie done and hit some shows and maybe meet some members.

16. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

as a long term member of the OFC but a relative newbie to JJ i continue to be amazed at the breadth of knowledge found among the HAMBERS. for one i appreciate all the help i have been given. over the years it has been my experience most hot rodders are much more willing to assist and part with info than are the "purists". as to A-Holes, most of us have been one sometime in our lifetimes, either deliberately or inadvertinently, and remember hopefully we all have one, they make life a lot better!

17. greaseguns

greaseguns

me too

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

Great site. I'd say 99% try to be helpful by sharing information. 1% douche who attempt to be "no it all's" and wise asses.

19. banditomerc

banditomerc

HAHAHA,i needed a good laugh this early.......All in all,this is the spot,if this is your thang!:D

20. I've received an education,been enlightened,made aware,and have always learned from this forum. Found out that one of my influences from my habitually mis-guided youth is on here(WpoN). I've also been fortunate enough to have met a couple of local HAMBers. I'm on here WAY too much as well;the cultivation of relevant information is ever fluid and dynamic and far too great a draw.

...I also had the great fortune to meet the ever-lovely HotRodLadyCruiser at Frankenmuth last year. And,I got a hug. My life is complete.

21. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

I myself am glad to have found a place where people are of the same mindset as myself. I am told all to often that no one thinks like me, or my opinions are out of date. But on here it proves all that wrong, there are still folks like me left in the world. Thanks, all of you ....... and to Ryan for giving us a place to prove them wrong.

22. If I could I'd like to travel around the continent and meet every HAMBster.

23. sr

sr
    from Monterey

opinionated, mean spirited, judgmental, arrogant and ryan ass kissers. Throw in some really talented car builders/fabricators, and general know it all types, and it makes for one great dysfunctional family. I love it. But who cares what I think.

24. hot rod rod

hot rod rod

Love em fat fender 40s. One Bad Look Bud..... hot rod rod smooth rolling

25. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Pretty good group, you have to admit, the percentage of self-worshipping sphincters is way lower than most forums, there's always gonna be a few, but you feed 'em fish and move on :rolleyes:
    One thing I love is that the non-Chebbie-brainwashed seem to outnumber the others- very refreshing. Nailheads, early Cads & Olds, flatties, FE's, anything but boring :p

26. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

I met my first and best car buddies here in Austin from the HAMB. Can't ask for much more than that...

27. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have received help, advice, aid and comfort, but best of all good friends here on the HAMB. I try to give where I can to keep it going.

28. That's it!

29. Any one else want to jump in here? How has the HAMB made your hobby better?

30. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

HaHa, funny that parties been brought up. I find myself thinking or talking about that trip almost weekly. good times for sure :)