Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your favorite magazine issue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Pretty much any 60's drag influenced magazines for me. Especially the more obscure titles seen on the lower level. Can't get enough

[​IMG]

2. R W Ohio

R W Ohio
    from Ohio

I like this one, because, my friend Tom Burger made the cover.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

APRIL 1967 Hot Rod is one of my favorites. I buy and sell a lot of old magazines and always have some adds in the classifieds so I f there are some that you are looking for let me know.
    This is one of my favorite cover shots. Hot Rod always had some of the best cover shots in the old days.
    [​IMG]

4. One of my favorite issues too! Lots of great stories in this one, including the cover car, Tabasco. This '55 Chevy and Jim Zakia's '55, also red, were two of the great Chevy gassers of the time.

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I know what you mean. The Tabasco car really speaks to me..
    I also wanted you to know I really have enjoyed your website.

6. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Not really a magazine, but I have a Rod and Custom show program from Vancouver,BC printed in 1958, the year I was born. I like to pull it out and laugh to myself when people tell me how things "really" were in the 50's. First rag I bought with my own money was a 69 Hot Rod Magazine with a big block Chevy on the cover. One of my all time fav's was a mid 70's Rod and Custom that claimed to be the last edition...thankfully they were wrong. What brought me back to the fold after a brief hiatus of dirty diapers and double digit mortages wasn't an entire issue, but a single ad that appeared in Street Rodder in the mid 80's. It was a BF Goodrich ad the featured the Merrodder and at that moment I realized there was other people looking to recreate the kind of car I really wanted.

7. Thanks for the kind words. No trick to it, just try to include stuff that is interesting to regular car guys like us.