Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your favorite Car magazine...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anchorboy46, Apr 18, 2010.

1. And your worst...and why?
    My worst is Motor Trend.. Gawd I hate that rag! My all time fave is Rod Action and/or Hot Rod Mechanix... How bout you? Mikey

2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

speed mechanics was the best

Motor trend sucks

3. Deuces

Deuces

I hate any mag that shows anything on imports! I love the rest including HOTROD DELUX. :D

4. old4dlvr

old4dlvr

Well it used to be The Rodders Journal until No 47. No storys. Good pix ,any easy one for them to put together and get our money.

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

TRJ...specially #47. Money well spent.

6. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

I subscribed to Street Rodder in the mid 70s ,ended up with 24 issues of Truckin instead ,musta ticked the wrong box on sub. slip,,,,

7. New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine is tops down under..

8. michael037

michael037
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anchorboy46,
    I don't think that I can pin it down to one title, however the original incarnation of Rodders Digest was always a good read as is Rolls & Pleats. I'm not too fussed on the RAT style magazines.
    Michael

9. Kiwi Bob

Kiwi Bob

I'm with Lifestylz , NZHRM !!

10. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I really miss Hop Up. :( For real-deal trad style hot rods it was,by far,the best!
    Rodder's Journal, Street Rodder, Hemming's Classic Car, and Rod & Custom are usually good.
    Old issues of Hot Rod mag are great.
    The H.A.M.B. is way better than any print magazine. :)

11. humpie

humpie

I like street rodder,then maybe hot rod delux,and then playboy:eek:all the rest are turning into commercials for vendors and shitty adds that i dont want to pay for.about like TV.:rolleyes:

12. chevy3755

chevy3755

to many vender pushed articles.............Hot Rod Mechanix.......Early Rodders Digest...........

13. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

50s, 60s Hot rod, Rod &custom, Car craft. plenty of tech and how tos. mid 60s Hot rod had in depth tech on Ford indy engine, Offy, SOCH Ford 427 etc.
    I still look them over.

Ago
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

14. Paul

Paul
    Editor

the Rodders Journal is the only magazine I subscribe to

15. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

Rodders Journal and a few aussie little pages like fuel and chopped. American magazines are generally of a poorer standard in their journalism when compared to their Australian counterparts (rodders journal being the glaring exception).

16. Eddie Ford's old scribbles; Custom Rodder. Slapdash layout & Funky article titles part of the fun. good.
    THE BEST centrefolds are in 'CHOPPED'. Australian . Totally HAMB safe.

Yawn? The pedestrian feature article writing on Ohio George's '33 in the Rodder's Journal.

Barracuda was a swingin' thing.
    Old Hot Rod mags. Older usually better. UP to '64 esp.
    - What was that one under Rod Action's banner with the street machines & faded color? Maybe it was Rod Action.
    O/t; Australian Muscle Car is VERY GOOD. Octane. Vintage Motorsport . ( if i'm rich). Automobilia (France)

Ganahl stuff- yeh yeh.. goood
    Wizz
    Burnout
    R&K
    Australian Street Rodding
    The old Australian Hot Rod issues & especially the 'Hot Rodding Review' mags- + all the others..

Australia- The 50+ years price fixing at newstands= hell.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  17. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

liked the 50's and 60's Hot Rod and Rod & Custom - Car Craft etc.

got 3 year of Hot Rod for $18 a couple of years ago don't care if it comes at all

don't subscribe to any thing now

18. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

TRJ is excellent. Street Rodder I got a great deal on so it's OK. I'm tired of Street Rodder's expensive cars and clueless owners. Expensive is OK, and clueless is OK, just please not together.
    Actually, this board has become my favorite "magazine" in that I get better info, more pictures and no waiting for the mailman to read my mag first.

19. The only subscription I renewed last year was TRJ. That is a great rag I have all my old ones and still read them over and over. I also love going to swaps and getting '40's, '50's, and '60's rags like CC and HR. I cant stand Car Craft that is a bull shit magazine. It's just a bunch of yuppie fucks talking about the Prius.

20. 68Caddy

68Caddy

Kustoms Illustrated. its a little book. very current, all about the cars no BS.

21. lawman

lawman

Rod and Custom and Old Skool Rodz.

22. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

The Rodders Journal is the only magazine I subscribe to. I purchase vintage "Hop Up" when I find them but that's about it.

The primary reason I don't purchase the others is lack of Traditional Rods!! SRM is all vendors and high end professional Billet Rods. R&C is "OK", but I would prefer they feature some of the cars that are in their "Events" coverage. Some of these cars are outstanding and more in line with the average reader.
    <O:p</O:p
    I don't even consider Hot Rod, Motor Trend, Ol-Skool Rodz, popular hot rodding etc.

23. That's a pretty bad swear word you said there, watch your language on this sit! Just shitting you:)

24. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

Anything written by Pat Gannahl

25. lawman

lawman

I may have to wash my mouth out with soap now !!!! And do the same
    with some cold beer later today !!!!!!! LOL. You Guys and Gals are the BEST !!!!!!!! Tom ( Tired Old man)

26. TOE

TOE

The Rodder's Journal and Rolls and Pleats are my must have magazines.

I wish the HOP UP annuals were still being published...

27. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I'm partial to HOT ROD, can't say exactly why...

28. SteadyT

SteadyT

TRADITIONAL ROD & KUSTOM is my current favorite.

29. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

I subscribe to Rod and Custom and Street Rodder, I like Rod and Custom the best.It was Hot Rod in the sixtys and Car Craft in the same time period. Lots of good drag racing coverage. N.N.

30. my fav is hot rod delux rod and custom my worst is popular hotrodding