Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your cars and the media.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OneFineComet, Jul 24, 2011.

1. I was flipping through an old magazine the other day and i noticed in an interview with a pin up photographer the was a shot of a girl and Bad Bobs merc. I have also read several articles where the HAMB is mentioned and how helpful it has been.

So my main question is, where has your car been in the media? Magazines? TV/Movies?

2. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

My old 62 was in Car Craft and Custom Rodder(both editors top ten picks) and then chozen as Custom Rodder choice at the Tulsa Starbird Custom show.
    It was featured along with Mike and Kay's 63 in a tv special on a local tv show in a program titled Phillip's Files.
    That was my 15 minutes.

3. Muttley

Muttley

Theres a tiny picture of my Comet in an old issue of Traditional Rod & Kulture.

4. striper

striper

Let's spice it up a bit. When has your car appeared in some shitty magazine that you don't want to be associated with or in someone's advertising material without your permission? ...And more importantly, what can you do about it?

That's what I thought this thread was going to be about.

5. Not exactly. I was asking where it has been WITH your permission. I.E. Movies, mag spreads and so forth.

6. I got a magazine in the mail today that features my car & garage! Better Homes and Gardens publishes WOOD magazine, which printed a special issue called "Great Garage Makeovers". It's available at Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart and many bookstores. It will be available thru September 19th. Several folks from The Garage Journal are featured in the same issue.

Jim

Attached Files:

7. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

8. 61TBird

61TBird

Mine was on the back cover of the Vintage Thunderbird Club magazine and in the Squarebirds calendar last year
    I took the photo at the Strangers Car Show in '09 posted the pic on those forums and was asked if it could be used.
    It was also in an "un-named" magazine that covered Midnight Mass(Sacramento),Well the front of my car you could see in a line of others...:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. LongT

LongT

Mine was in the letters to the editor of Street Rodder. I emailed them a note within 1/2 hour Brian Brennen returned my email and said look in the November issue. I am going to be on TV August 9th. My car club is going on a local news show on Channel 69 in Allentown, PA.

Bill

10. squirrel

squirrel

[​IMG]

Fortunately the cops were really two states away

11. My car was in Street Rodder, the one about the LSRU down in Austin, no one ask me if they could print it, but I'm very thankful for it because it was the first time ever in ink.
    I thought it was cool.

Goldchainers C C
    Dallas, Texas Chapter
    Charter Member

12. ukgav

ukgav

Keep your eyes peeled for a couple of glimpses of my truck in this advert. :)

13. My '51 is in "Rad Rods Vol 2" by our very own Surfmonkey in the UK