Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Your 2 car garage....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Apr 17, 2015.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My 2 car is half torn down, about to be replaced by a 30x36. I'm not suffering under the illusion that I am going to have more room, its a basic law of physics that your car shit will expand to occupy any available space.

2. i upgraded lighting in garage from T12's to T5's Huge difference! Did you have to change the whole light or just the ballast like when you go from T-12 to T-8?

3. jazz1

jazz1

1. i upgraded lighting in garage from T12's to T5's Huge difference! Did you have to change the whole light or just the ballast like when you go from T-12 to T-8?
    Changed complete fixtures....4 8' two bulb fixtures lighting up my 24x30 garagemajhall

4. Thanks for the info

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Just up..Not really pink top but camera is picking on me...

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy and Model T1 like this.
  6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Seb, looks good. What are the dimensions?

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Sorry missed your post..24' wide [gable ends] x 20' deep..Trying to figure out now what to put where, or where to put what :confused: as trying to eliminate two other plastic sheds..Yes I am parting with some "junk"! Today I built three shelves 8' x 2' for back left corner, adjustable in height..Of course down the road something won't fit because a shelve is an inch too high or low! :oops:..Rolling stock fills space up quick..Crosley, 2 Sears garden tractors, Sears lawn tractor, Linsey Compressor, Rupp Kart, Yamaha Kart, Case 1816 Loader and Ridegid Chop saw..AND for now the wife's wheelbarrow that I commandeered to hold all the tools....I am wishing I was done or had never started. Sigh..

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  8. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

You need to seriously think about doing a bump out on one side of the garage. Put the tools and boxes in the bump out and a work bench there also... If at all possible... I'm in a 2 car and your truck will fit and the car... You need to look at trying to get things on the wall.. maybe fold down shelves and tables etc.. utilize as much storage as you can. Make a compressor building lean to off the back of the garage with a switch and then hardline the garage with a bunch of drops.. I agree don't go old t12 bulbs for lights.. the t8 is nice for sure but the t5 is amazing. Also get both in there and back one in the left side and pull the right side in forward.. makes both open to the middle.. try to see how much room you will have on the sides.. I have a small workbench and storage on one side of the garage and it works ok.. Built a few cars out of here. Get used to moving one out to work on the other...

Attached Files:

Model T1 and SanDiegoHighwayman like this.
  9. 26 roadster

26 roadster

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

11. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

your old when everything reminds you of a story,,,I have a lot of stories

copy that :rolleyes::):cool:

12. Thanks. Just found out I'm old!

13. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

Regarding the lights:
    What are T-5 lights?
    I just have the 4' double fixtures.
    Better lighting would be good.
    Home Depot or Loews?
    Expensive?

14. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  15. here's mine, it looks a little barren, but it's got a 24x12 tool room and that's where all the stuff is.
    photo (1).jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    mgtstumpy and LOU WELLS like this.
  16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Neat, looks like you have the same lift as I do [like it a lot]..My dogs eyes would be red..

17. his head is hollow.........love the lift too.

18. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Not really a garage. A 2 car carport.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff, Johnnee D. and 509garyd like this.
  19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Ya mean the light comes all the way from the rear orifice? LOL.

Jet96 likes this.
  20. OLSKOOL32

OLSKOOL32

It's tough with a two car garage, too much stuff!!

Model T1 likes this.
  21. yep!

Jet96 likes this.
  22. cs39ford

cs39ford

image.jpeg image.jpeg This was a chicken coop built in 1934. Made it into my 2 car garage 26 years ago.24 x 24 Not fancy but works out well

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Butch M, lawman, kiwijeff and 4 others like this.
  23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was originally going to do 24'x38', but when I really started to look at it, going wider and shorter was just a better fit on my lot. Its actually bigger, but leaves more "usable" space on the lot. I still have a small garden shed, and a small storage shed dedicated to car parts as well. I want to do lots of hanging shelves along the sides above work benches and equipment as well. I really know what you mean, being in the midst of construction is a ROYAL pain in the ass.

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

that's actually a really cool building. Your lot looks HUGE compared to mine, I wish I had that kind of space!

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Zombiewoof ate his brains??!!:D
    [​IMG]

mgtstumpy and scotty t like this.
  26. cs39ford

cs39ford

I have a 1 1/4 acre to work with. Plus house has 24x24 garage. And have a old corn crib to put stuff in

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Lucky bastard!:D Its probably a good thing I don't have that much space, I'd just fill it with more project cars anyway.:rolleyes:

28. cs39ford

cs39ford

I moved here for that same reason. Lived in the city. But had no room for my junk. Now too much junk and a lot of grass cutting!!

29. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

My work shop at home 2 cars in a 24'x14' you can work in it but its tight.
    [​IMG]

30. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I've had an assortment of old cars parked in mine over the 15 years we've lived here but now my wife says she's not giving up her side anymore so if I want a second classic I have my choice of the driveway or back yard. Here are some of the cars that have been in it over the years. My '56 Buick is in it now but hopefully I'll sell it soon (see ad in HAMB for sale section) so I can buy another one....

1-51 Chevy 006.jpg PICT0012_3.JPG PICT0008_11.JPG ournew62t-bird-7-11-04 027.jpg

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy and scotty t like this.