Register now to get rid of these ads!

youngest female in the 200mph club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimmydeansgirl, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Im running a 390 fe with an edelbrock 6x2

2. There was no 5W designator for 27. They ALL had 5 windows.

Before you race, you need to go a time or two.

3. Well it has 5 windows. I will do more research on running on the flats.

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i think Z DID set a record, but if i recall right, someone came along and broke hers in the same car that same year...

hows about it Jimski???

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

this'll teach me to read the entire thread eh Rich?

:eek:

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Did you know there are 5 meets in the summer and fall every year on the salt flats? Speedweek, World of Speed, High Speed Shootout, Bub Cycle, And World Finals. There is a Salt meet in Austraila. Then there are 6 meets every year at El Mirage, About the Same at Maxton, N.C., 4 I think at the Texas Mile, and the new one in Main. If you want to keep up with rules changes, record changes and just whats going on I would suggest subscribing to the Bonneville Racing News. Comes out 7 times a year? Info at [email protected]. Classified ads for land speed stuff. Pretty informational stuff for a new competiter. Going to need lots of horsepower. Your FE better be a cammer.

7. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

I met a girl who runs at the Texas mile.............. and invited me to see her run in Oct...

8. Richfox thanks for the info and link. I am going to figure all this out. No my fe isnt a cammer i really wish it was.

9. [soapbox]

As an outsider who doesn't have a desire to build a Bonneville car (I get antsy at even 100+), it seems like the whole "have to break a record" deal is a bit of BS. I know it's to "maintain the integrity of the club" (or it is really to now be elite and exclusionary?), but it seems like an insult to all those folks who don't have the budget to up a record (you can't deny it's very expensive to do so now), yet are still able to engineer something that is capable of safely and reliably (gotta back it up!) topping 200 mph. "Oh, nice job on breaking 200, but you aren't good enough to join the 200 mph club. Sorry."

The membership criteria should have been kept the same from the start. If the need to "maintain the integrity" is really needed, simply adding a clause to exclude vehicles capable of besting 200 from the factory would seem to do it so Joe Millionaire can't just show up in his 200+ capable LamborFerraBugattaSSX MurcieEnzoVeryoAero, or what have you, and expect membership. Hell, if they really wanted to "maintain the integrity" they wouldn't allow all this driver swapping simply to possibly get someone in the books/club, and would only recognize the builder(s) and primary driver. Getting to 200 is tough enough in itself for the average guy, why make it even harder to be recognized? Wasn't recognition of that achievement the purpose for the "club" in the first place?

It really should now be called the "200+ mph Record Club".

[/soapbox]

Good luck and I hope you've got lots of $$$. ;)

10. Ole don

Ole don

Check out the USFRA website, click on 130 club rules. The easiest way to run at Bonneville is right here. I will be there next month floging the Y block again. It went 118 last year, can it do better - - - -?

11. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I have been over two. Not in the club. Since your concerned about it, how about starting a new "Slow Two Hundred Mile an Hour Club" and I can join. In the meantime I am in the Hop Up Magazine 100 Mile an Hour Club for Flathead Bangers. A much more exclusive group. I'm happy where I'm at.

12. Thanks ole don that seems more promising.

13. pants fit

pants fit

the way I got started was " go to the b-ville website order a rule book and start to build" Dont do anything til you get the rule book

14. Pantsfit, thanks thats exactly what im going to do. Im going to put the 5window build on hold and start me t tudor build. Its going to be for around town.

15. I just might! No record holders allowed!