Register now to get rid of these ads!

Young Kid from Tacoma, Washington - Needs help

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by justnicholas, Oct 8, 2009.

1. justnicholas

justnicholas

So I am a 17 year old and have always been a fan of customs and rods and I bought a 55 chevy pickup (my own money when I was probably 14)and played with that until someone offered me too much to pass up and then had a corvette when I could drive until someone also bought that. So now I am looking for a rat rod or a coupe of some sort and I found this. I am very serious and I was wondering if you guys here think its a good buy or not.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1410022185.html

2. skullhat

skullhat

if its as nice as it looks in the pics, i'd buy it

skull

3. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

For 9500 I hope they put some carpet in it!!
    It does look like a solid car!
    If it was me, I would find a cheaper car. Then I would lower it and chop it!
    Or you could get this one, and just get rid of the wire wheels!
    BTW welcome, and if you do decide to stick around, don't ever say the words Rat Rod around here.
    Also join the Northwest HAMBers!!!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=110

4. Looks pretty good in the pics, but really take a good look at it before you drop any coin on it. Get it up on a lift & have a mechanic you trust do an inspection. At a minimum, have some one else look at it with you.
    If it's what you're looking for & you don't find any bad surprises when you look at it, go for it.

5. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Don't buy a rat rod. Get yourself a hot rod.