Register now to get rid of these ads!

You never know who you'll meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2OLD2FAST, Jul 21, 2013.

1. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

as a semi-retired contractor
    I still do some home repair. Recently I went to do some work for an older widow, during the course of the day she asked about my interests , I told her i had a hotrod , she disappeared for a few minutes & reappeared holding a "wally" & some pictures. Turns out she is the former wife of Jack Ditmars of" Lil Screamer" fame later they campaigned" Mini Brute". She had pictures & stories. Turned out that I was working for Drag racing royalty [my words , not hers] I've since been back a few times to do some other tasks & we always end up talking about "those glory days" ! Very interesting !!

dave

2. That's cool.great looking car. HRP

[​IMG]

3. supervert

supervert

I did some work at a guys house about 15 years ago, he had pics of the bat mobile and all the other weird barris cars all over the place. Turned out it was Sam Barris's kid John. We did a few jobs for him over the years.

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

Here is something similar
    She has been coming into Coalition Drum Shop, 215 State St., once every few months since the store opened last year, said store manager Dustin Hackworth. “We don’t know anything about her, except that her name is Mary. She comes in, plays ‘Wipe Out’ for about 10 minutes and leaves,” he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NRhoHN8x_00

5. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Sunday morning HAMB stories to read with coffee.

Great stuff, thanks HRP for posting the picture. Nice car.

6. An acquaintance of mine [Ron]was at my shop and was relating he had got back a Martin guitar he had long ago given his mother in law in Arkansas as a gift.......
    turns out after having it all those years,she wanted to return it as she was no longer playing it anymore.
    He was telling me,that he had bought it at a local music store in Chilicothe Missouri.....
    while In the store that day, he was talking to a former girl friend from high school,who asked him to meet her new ......boy friend.
    "This is my new boyfriend"...this is ."Willie Nelson"!......
    Turns out he was there buying the same model Martin Guitar.....which he still plays regularly to this day.......

7. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

If you google "jack ditmar lil screamer" you'll find he was quite successful & an innovator from 1960-1970 , won many national titles & beat some of drag racing's best . The lady I was working for was particularly proud of the "Best appearing crew" awards , seems she sewed the costumes !! She told me that Don Garlits was a real pleasant guy and that Chris Karamiseimes[sp] was really good looking , IIRC "Oh, what a head of hair !!

dave

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  8. oleskool

oleskool

Damn! I always wondered what happened to my ex wife. (LOL)

9. Egghead

Egghead

I rember watching Jack Ditmar and the LIL Screamer at Wentzville Mo. dragstrip in the 60's. Great wheels up crowd pleaser!